Wednesday, June 12, 2013

An improvement

I added captions to my picture loaded post from several days ago. The summary would be something like "Brady is such a happy kid and Abigail never stops crying."  

But Brady has been sad since Saturday night because he's been feverish and feeling crappy (doc said it looks like fifths disease which is basically a virus with symptoms of low fever, red cheeks, and body rash) but he wasn't too difficult today because he barely eats, sleeps quite a bit, and when he's not too fussy or sensitive, he just lays lethargically in my arms or his carseat. Great news from today is that Abigail was much better behaved than what she has been!  Even if it is only a one day thing, it was a welcome relief! She ate a great breakfast (and without complaint!  Even asking for more food!) for the first time in who even knows how long. She never fought me on going potty. She took a nap without a ton of protest. She was kind and helpful with Brady and decently understanding when I told her it was too windy to go to the pool (ps- watching the news coverage today on the wildfire in Colorado was heartbreaking). It was all just great. We got her up from her nap early so honey could take her to the pool (he came home early from work specifically to do that. Melts my heart) and I took Brady with me shopping at old navy and Ross. Maybe my two favorite stores because when you shop the deals you can get a whole ton of stuff for so cheap. It really hit the spot. While we were gone (for over four hours...) honey and baby girl played and she even pooped in the potty!  And they were both fast asleep when we got home. Precious. 

So it's been a good day. Despite the fact that it reached 100* today and our house lacks AC. I'm wearing my honey down though. Maybe by next summer we can have frigid summer temperatures indoors like the rest of the United States. I'm hopeful. 




1 comment:

Lyndel said...

doesn't it get hot in your house without A/C? What do y'all do to keep cool?