Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Randoms

Happy six months to my Brady boy!  I've been meaning to write a six month post but things have been busy and I haven't yet. Hopefully I can crank something out in the next day or two.

Highlights of today, 

we got AC. It's cold enough that we actually haven't used it yet but I feel good that we got it. I won't lie though, part of me is super sad now that I'll no longer be able to tell people our house doesn't have AC. For some reason I really loved that. Maybe I love that we live in Colorado where AC is actually optional. 

Brady had OT this morning. He may go back for one more appointment at the end of next month. But I may just email his herbalist... Um therapist (thanks, autocorrect) about his progress and decide it's not necessary. One day I'll finish that post about his arm. But basically, I'm really happy about this. 

My honey hates Wells Fargo. And he came home with this funny story about how the people there think he's really poor.  Maybe I'll tell that story sometime too. But at least this is enough to jog my memory about it. 

Abigail woke up on the wrong side of the crib after nap today and spent the majority of the following hour crying. The first part she was crying so hard she could barely get out the words to try to tell us what she wanted. It was a little sad but maybe honey and I had tears in our eyes from trying not to laugh. 

Abigail says the funniest things and it's getting harder and harder to keep track of it all. My favorite from tonight was "Brady has food on his belly!"  Maybe he was shirtless and maybe this has a little something to do with nursing and that she calls my chest "Brady's food" (her name, not mine. For the record, she never asked what it was, she just decided it all herself). So Brady's little pudgy belly now has "food" on it. Christopher didn't get it at first until I explained it to him. And I'm being just slightly vague here on purpose. Also, honey told me that tonight Abigail was in a hurry going potty so when she rushed out he asked her if she wiped. Apparently she turned around with a "dangit!" said in exactly my tone of voice. I found it more amusing than my Christopher. That's my daughter for sure. 

On our way home from OT, Brady and I stopped to pick up more Zantac and then went by Walmart for a few things. It is absolutely astounding how fast I can go places with just a baby in an infant carseat!  Freedom and ease!  

I'll be in Atlanta a week from now. Ridiculously excited about that. 

I'm a little nervous that I'm going to die running the peachtree. I'm also a little nervous for my pasty skin to be subjected to the powerful beachy sunrays. I have not prepared adequately for those two things. 

I made french onion soup tonight!  It is something I've wanted to make for a long time... like at least a year... But I was too I intimidated (and I didn't have ramekins) so I never did. I finally decided to suck it up and just try it and that it would be perfect for me to make for my honeys birthday. But we'll be celebrating with his family one night and going out to eat just our family on Friday night so I just made it early. It was delish and I ate til I was nauseous (of course). And since I had already caramelized the onions (I made the our best bites spinach pizza that needed caramelized onions) then it was really quick and easy to throw together. If you're going to take the time and effort for caramelized onions, at least make it worth your while and do a whole ton of them. Anyways, this recipe was from pioneer woman and I'm definitely going to make it again. I won't lie, I feel pretty amazing that now whenever I am in the mood for French onion soup or creme brûlée, I can just make it!  And not spending $6-8 each serving at a restaurant is pretty nice too. Makes my day. 


harold the helicopter


AC guys!


pioneer woman french onion soup!


trying out different cheese options because i'm too cheap for gruyere.  i forgot to take a picture of it out of the oven... and didn't remember til these were all eaten.

our best bites pizza.  except i didn't have naan so it's on regular premade pizza crust.

"brady's got food on his belly!"

1 comment:

Lyndel said...

ummm all of your food pictures are so delicious looking! And yay for getting AC! That is exciting :)

Atleast it's optional though. I feel for Christopher thinking that the banks thinks he's poor. My bank thinks my mother should be with me every time I go in. :)