Monday, June 17, 2013

Recap

Thursday we went to the pool. It was excellent. When we showed up, baby girl's BFF was there and we all had fun playing. Also, I noticed my friend Jodi was wearing some new brown leather sandals. I've been looking for a new pair for quite some time because my current pair is quite literally hanging on by a thread. Jodi offered to get me a pair when she went back to that store later so I gave her my shoe size and some cash. While I was making dinner, I had a beautiful pair of sandals delivered to my door. Amazing. Like the time my sister Emmy bought me a dress when she was at express. She texted me a picture of it on her (can't remember why) and I tested back a few minutes later that she should get one for me. So she did and when we met up in Atlanta a few weeks later for Walter's wedding, I had a pretty new dress!  That's my kind of shopping! Later was naptime and hanging out in the playroom with Abigail and Brady. That night was a whole mess of bundt cake frustration that lasted til 3am but luckily everything turned out okay. Also, so random but I think Brady have me fifths. Luckily I haven't had any symptoms other than an obnoxious looking rash. 

Friday I went to girls camp!!!!  Honestly that was the most fun I've had in a long time. I drove down with my friend Jen and we were already in a more than slightly silly mood by the time we got there making comments like "my map got wet!" and "I'm looking for this sign..." that wouldn't be funny to anyone else. Joking around with the other girls and leaders while we were there just made things even more out of control and by the end of the night it was all "I have a knife!" "I have to pee!" "I had a pair of cute turquoise heels and now we have five kids and it's not worth it if he hurts you" and "pumping!!!" among other gems. And then Jen and I drove home and got back around 3am and even though it was a quick trip, it was well worth the four hours of driving. Turns out, it doesn't matter how old I get, girls camp still makes me ridiculously hyper and out of control. Diana, it was closer than I knew. 

Today was so laid back. Honey took Abigail to Parker days while I stayed home with Brady and did boring stuff like laundry and dishes. I was dragging. Hardcore. So so tired. All four of us had a great naptime and I got in a solid 2.5 hours. I actually made dinner tonight. The pioneer woman sour cream bake something or other. Really simple and it tasted great. Abigail and my Christopher loved it so I made a joke about them being picky eaters because PW said it was perfect for picky eaters.  Anyways, it was a lot of just hanging out and so relaxing. I told Abigail running with me tonight. I'm so slow I think it might be faster for me to just walk the peachtree. For how much I love walking, it is mind blowing how much I hate running. So similar but yet so different. 

Who's excited that byc tomorrow morning is cancelled for Father's Day?!?!  Yesssssss!



















2 comments:

Diana C. said...

:-)

Lyndel said...

where's the picture of your awesome new sandals!? Glad you enjoyed girls camp :)