Saturday, June 29, 2013

Not according to plan: part two

Thursday evening I randomly started feeling a little nauseous. Not nauseous like I ate too much food but nauseous like the beginning stages of food poisoning or a 24 hour bug. Luckily it never got terrible even though it stuck around for hours until I went to bed. But when I woke up this morning, it was gone. Awesome. 

Tonight my friend, Diana called and said she was going to drop by since she and her husband were in the area. Yeay!  We were hanging out and having a grand old time when I suddenly felt really sick to my stomach. Hoping it would go away like last time, I didn't bother saying anything. By the time they left, I was really uncomfortable but my parents said dinner would be ready in a minute and maybe that would help to have food in me. I was also getting a headache so I thought maybe the nausea was from that because sometimes I throw up when I get migraines. Well, I sat down for dinner and then just never moved. Even at 9:30, way past when I wanted Abigail in bed since she didn't nap today. But oh!  The pain!

Brady cried and I went up to get him but sitting up was so terrible I just laid on the floor next to him and held his binky in while trying to coach Abigail through her might time routine of potty, teeth, diaper, etc. 

Walter and bekah had come over part way through dinner and buddy tried to help Abigail but it just wasn't working. She wasn't cooperating and he didn't know the ins and outs of negotiating a toddler through the bedtime routine. She is terribly particular and OCD. 

Eventually she got to bed. But Brady wouldn't go back to sleep. Around 11:30 I finally got him to sleep and the whole time just felt like I was about to die. I took a second dose of pepto but I just kept feeling more and more sick. My bath towel was hanging within reach of the bed so I threw it on the floor just in case. 

Good thing because an hour later I knew I was going to lose it and making it to the bathroom or the trash can on the other side of the room was not going to happen. It was pitch black which was good so I couldn't see anything and my body just threw up everything I've eaten in the last 24 hours. Then I got a moment's relief. 

And then while I was cleaning up that whole mess and scrubbing the carpets, the stomach pain returned. I took another dose of pepto and now I'm just waiting and hoping that I can feel well enough/tired enough to go to sleep for a bit. 

I might die. 

But really, I'm going to cry if this means I can't go to my grandparents' house tomorrow. A bug like this would not be good at all. 

But to end on a slightly lighter (no pun intended) and more superficial note, just for kicks, after I threw up, I stepped on the scale and I'm down a full pound lower than my previous lowest post-Brady weight. The least I've weighed since last April. 

But seriously, this is miserable. To the point that this thought actually ran through my head tonight "would I rather be in labor?!"  At least if I was in labor it would already be over by now. 

Crossing my fingers to sleep all night and wake up in the morning feeling 100% better. 


1 comment:

Diana C. said...

oh carrie! I'm sorry you were feeling sick while we were visiting with you! I'll have to come by again when you're feeling less bad! I hope oyu're on your way to grandparents right now!