Saturday, November 23, 2013

2013 Christmas village

Christopher woke abigail up early this morning and took her to building cleanup. They love it. Abigail especially. I know it's lame but I always just stay home with Brady. Someday we will all clean the church together as a family. Right now, it's just a father daughter activity and something Abigail really looks forward to. 

Anyways, the two of them came home talking about setting up our Christmas village. Well, as much as I love our Christmas village, I hate setting it up. So that's what honey attemptedwith  baby girl and a c o n s t a n t l y screaming Brady. He's been pretty good lately but holy cow is that kid a mama's boy. Cries if I leave the room, even if Christopher is holding him. Today he got to crying and screaming so uncontrollably and nothing Christopher did calmed him in the least. Finally I took a break from sorting clothes and got Brady and of course he stopped crying immediately. Still took him a solid ten minutes to catch his breath and recover his breathing from being so upset. Poor Brady and poor honey. But what a great trooper!  Setting up my village and taking care of both kids so I could organize in peace!  What a great day! 

My honey and I have disagreed this year about where to set up the Christmas village. We didn't set it up last year because I was pregnant/had a newborn and didn't want extra work or something else to worry about. I was sure Abigail would try to play with it when I was taking care of Brady and she would break t and get hurt. Soooo, we didn't get it out. The year before, we set it up on our kitchen counters. It was fun and easy to look at but it made cooking a real pain. So I nixed that idea for this year. We brainstormed a whole ton of ideas (and disagreed on our preferences) but in the end, my honey went along with what I wanted to do... For the most part. Let me tell you... It is difficult to find a good option with a mobile baby! 

So honey got it all set up and I love it. It's not as impressive looking as if we'd displayed it another way, but I love that I can see it and enjoy it so easily from most of the main part of the house. And don't have to worry about Brady or abigail getting into it. Once we get our Christmas tree up, it's all going to be amazing. So much Christmas spirit in that room. 

And in case you're thinking this is early... Abigail and I have been listening to Christmas music for over a month already. I blame our library for putting out Christmas CDs at the beginning of October. But actually, I love it. We may have to do this next year too. 











No comments: