Monday, December 22, 2014

It's moving!

Y'all, I still can't get over it... Since Saturday, I've been feeling this baby move, from the inside and outside! It was extra exciting because I first knew it was for real Saturday afternoon, which was the day we were celebrating Christmas. We had put Brady down for a nap, and Abigail and Christopher and I were laying in bed watching some hallmark Christmas movie when I felt an uncomfortable shift in my belly and thought "oh my gosh, that felt like a contraction!" And immediately put my hands on my belly to investigate. Last pregnancy I could tell the difference between a contraction and just baby movement by whether my belly was hard all over or just in one spot. So this time when I felt my stomach, it was still really squishy on the left side until I got to one point on the right side when there was a hard knot the size of the cutie.  It was so crazy! I had Chris feel it to tell me I wasn't losing my mind and he was feeling the same exact thing that I was! It was so cool to have him right there with me to experience that moment with me. I've thought for a while that I've been feeling stuff but thought for sure it was too early (I'm always skeptical of those ladies claiming to feel "kicks" at 10 weeks when their baby is only an inch long) but did some investigating online and found that it's really common for moms to feel movement at 16 weeks even though outside movement isn't normally felt until after 20 weeks (Chris first felt Brady around 20 weeks) but I'm super skinny this time around (and have been able to clearly feel my uterus for a loooong time) so it's possible. 

But just to get an extra opinion, I asked dr clagget at my appointment today and she confirmed I wasn't crazy. She also felt my stomach and told me she could also feel exactly where by baby was sitting!  AHHHHH!  Pregnancy is seriously the coolest thing ever! 

No ultrasound today and this was the first time I'd met with this doctor (actually np), but when I told her I felt like I was having a girl, she said that that's what her guess was too. Although I didn't ask her what she was basing her opinion off of (maybe the baby's heart rate or that I'm still experiencing morning sickness at 16 weeks?) so I think we're both just taking a shot in the dark. 

Anyways, now that I know it's for sure baby, I've been feeling so much movement (full body shifting and little thumps) these last few days and although I can't feel any outside kicks yet (just knots from the baby's head or back or bum), it's more amazing than what I could possibly put into words. 

Soooo excited!!!

No comments: