Thursday, December 25, 2014

17 weeks

How far along:  17 weeks  (12.25.14)

Total weight gain/loss: +4 lbs? just guessing because i didn't have a scale. 
Maternity clothes:  yes.  just shirts though.  i probably wouldn't have broken them out already except for the fact that they're already in my closet because i wear maternity shirts as part of my regular wardrobe. 
Sleep:  it's hit and miss but really not bad.
Best moment this week:  saturday!  celebrating christmas and feeling my baby move!  but a shout out to wednesday, our first full day in costa rica, just lounging on the beach.
Movement:  i can feel my baby!!!  i can feel light kicks on the inside but i can really really feel my baby's body parts from the outside of my belly.  it happened on saturday the 20th (when we celebrated christmas day) and i felt a shift in my stomach that was sort of like a contraction because of the pressure.  but when i reached my hands down to feel, my belly was soft all over except for a really hard spot the size of a clementine.  the best part was that chris was right there to feel it so we got to experience it at the same time.  so that was my moment of realization that what i've been feeling is actually real.  i had to feel it with my hands to actually believe it all.  so since then, it's been internal thumps and external knots.  so exciting!
Food cravings:  i just eat because i have to.  it's been a struggle but i'm surviving just fine.
Symptoms: nausea, weird dreams, headaches
Gender:  my guess is still girl.  especially since i just threw up again last friday night.  
What I miss:  not struggling so much to eat.  it's annoying that my body requires food so frequently.  i wish i could just take a pill every so often instead of having to actually eat meals and stuff.
Milestones:  i had my first stranger ask me when i was due!  at 16 weeks, 6 days... on christmas eve.  i was wearing my v neck halter swimsuit, which i think helped.  also, for some reason, the guy kept acting like we were bff, so go figure he was asking me personal questions...  ; )    
Theme: the week of moving right along.  pregnancy is speeding up!
What's different this time around:  at this point in my pregnancy with abigail and with brady, i was done throwing up and being sick.  this time around, i can feel good and then just suddenly get a horrible headache and feel super sick/throw up.  first trimester is long gone... i want the sickness to be gone too!
Extra:  i'm shocked at how uncomfortable it is when my baby rolls around in my belly.  i seriously went from feeling nothing to feeling some pretty significant pressure in my low belly.  i won't lie, i'm super nervous about how this will progress.

12.25.14 at 17 weeks

12.25.14 at 17 weeks

No comments: