Saturday, August 22, 2015

Baseball Saturday

We were all up before 8 this morning. Abigail and Brady played upstairs. Eventually honey made waffles while I put Elizabeth down for her morning nap. Honey left for his softball tournament that started at 10 and we were going to follow right behind him. Except that Abigail took forever to clean her room (because instead of taking two minutes to clean it, she procrastinates for an hour and then takes two minutes to clean it) and Brady cuddled and fell asleep next to me on the sofa. So honeys team lost their first game so their second was at 11. That meant that I woke up Brady and Elizabeth and pulled Abigail from her room (where she was playing quietly by herself because that's what she does when she's procrastinating) and it was painful for me. 

But we all went to the game and it was great. Abigail and Brady hung out in the dugout with Christopher. They won their game. Elizabeth was angelic as usual and hung out in her car seat the whole time (wide awake, but it was too sunny for me to hold her) thank goodness. Instead of staying for the 1 o'clock game, the kids and I headed home. 


We hung out and I called mom. I can't get enough of talking to her. It brings me so much joy and comfort even though I think I bore her to tears and waste her time. I'm thankful she puts up with me so politely. Eventually honey came home. I put Elizabeth down for a nap at 2:30 and as I came downstairs, honey was all "so what's the plan? What do you want to do?" And we decided to go spend our Rockies money (it comes with the season tickets and can only be used on concessions and Rockies gear at certain stores... So we end up buying a lot of Rockies clothes even though we're not actually real fans) and walk around the temple grounds. As we started walking towards the temple I asked Abigail "do you know what we do at the temple?" wondering if she would say "get married."  She's all "well, we don't poop in our undies at the temple."  

Correct.  That, among other things. 

And then we went to hacienda Colorado to use a gift card we've had forever. I've had in my head that I don't like hacienda, but honestly, I enjoyed eating there tonight. I liked the outdoor area where we ate and I liked the chips and salsa and the server was great and our food was really good. We had the kids share a $4 kid burrito and it was huge. Like at least as big or bigger than our adult entrees. Rice and beans and queso and everything too. So that was great because both kids were all "I LOVE IT!!!" And downed it. Seriously. Check out Abigail's plate. 

His hands. So cute. He didn't like touching the cold. 

Also, so smoky and hazy. Honey and I were talking about it on the way home, so it was funny when I opened up my weather app and it said this (while it was still trying to figure out that I was back in Parker and not in englewood anymore). Not sunny or cloudy or rainy. Just "smoke."  

And honey out the kids to bed yet again (because I keep running out of my patience and energy by 6:30 or so) while I put Elizabeth down and took a shower. 

Hoping tonight includes a whole lot of restful sleep and not a whole lot of Brady. ; ) 

No comments: