Sunday, August 30, 2015

Smoothies and Nate

Friday 8.28.15

Remember this is where Brady was at 9:30pm...

And this is how I found him at 7:15am. I'm not sure what really happened in there. 

Brady found some chocolate in honey's suitcase. He sniffs out food like a bloodhound. Seriously.

My friend Sarah (the healthy, athletic one in my ward) told me I should be adding more veggies to my smoothies and said squash was a good one because of the light flavor. Lucky for me, I had three squash leftover in my fridge so I added one to try it. I love that with my blender, I can just slice off the ends and chop it in half and it gets liquified along with everything else. I also added Brady's partially eaten Apple that he lost interest in. Who likes that my iPhone just automatically made apple a proper noun that time?  Random. 

My smoothie... Because I'm not that into berry or fruit smoothies... Half cup or so of milk, three small (very ripe) bananas, a heaping spoonful of peanut butter, heaping half tablespoon of cocoa powder, a whole squash, and however much spinach Brady feels like putting in. Oh, and his discarded, partially eaten Apple... Just because. Dang that capital A. Anyways, then I added ice and hit the sauces button. Delish. It would taste better with honey but I ran out a while ago and haven't been adding it. I don't really miss it. Also, if I want to add even more, I'll put in flax and oats... But just sometimes because I definitely prefer the texture better without it. 

But seriously, you can't even taste the squash. All of my smoothies are green so it doesn't bother me, but at first, I used to put it in an opaque thermos type bottle so I couldn't see it. 

Abigail had her first field trip. To four mile park or something. She wore a pink skirt and her tie dye shirt and was most excited about getting to being home two pieces of gold. She normally gets out of school at 12, but with the field trip, didn't get done til 2... So Brady and Elizabeth and I went to the pool and invited friends. Sharon, Kristen, Sarah, Andrea, and Sarah's friend all came and brought their kids. It was a lot of fun. We stayed from 10-1:50 and changed at the pool so we could go straight to get Abigail. I'd emailed her teacher the night before about how she was doing and she offered for me to come in and meet with her so we did that. She said Abigail is doing great and is getting along so well with the rest of the class. 

The afternoon was making a few vt phone calls, Presley coming over, having the kids watch a show, jumping in the shower only to get out and realize the kids had turned on every single light in the house (and the fireplace too) and then hurrying to get myself and the kids all ready to go to nate's birthday dinner at 6. 

Nate is 17!!!!  That is so crazy to me because he was 7 when I first met him (Christopher and I started dating in 2006, which is practically a million years ago to someone that is freshly 17) and he was just a tiny little boy. I've always liked Nate pretty well but I've gotta say that he keeps getting exponentially more awesome with age. 

He picked out such a delicious birthday dinner that I felt like it was my own. Teriyaki salmon, roasted potatoes, corn on the cob, fresh watermelon, and Rice Krispie ice cream bars for dessert. I ate thirds on dinner and seconds on dessert. And I've gained about four lbs in the last week. I wish I cared. 

Bri and Kelsey took off but honey and I decided to torture our kids and stay for a long time. Nate tried on his new clothes (I have a new semi obsession with guys tennis clothes now... For playing and for casual) and we all hung out while our kids stumbled and tripped from exhaustion and Abigail eventually passed out next to Klaudette. Brady stayed awake only because he'd gotten a nap in the car on the way there. I had so much fun hanging out with mark. And my mil, as always. I forget the exact situation at dinner where Christopher was joking around with me and my mil and I were laughing at how obnoxious he was being (I think he wouldn't give my corn on the cob back) and I told him "I only married you because I wanted your mom to be my mother in law!"  We all laughed about it but then I thought about it for a bit... I'm glad I love honey so much because it would have been difficult for me to break up with a guy whose family I love so much. If that makes sense. I know I'm explaining it poorly. Anyway, I love the Hilliers. I forget that I married into that family because they feel like my own. 

Brady photography. 





He fell asleep instantly but I took this picture because I didn't know if he was asleep or just quiet. Ha. 

When you're at the top of a neighborhood and have to coast down to the main road for five minutes, you get really great gas mileage. It was actually at 47 for a bit but I didn't take a picture in time. Also, 10:30. We were so tired. 

All of us. 

No comments: