Friday, August 14, 2015

Elizabeth's appt and the pool

This guy was first up this morning. He was all "there you are, mom!"  Ha. 

Apparently tangled runs in the family. Or at least nappy. 

"Thank you do my pockets mom" ...or something like that. I love when he says thank you and sorry (normally when he's accidentally bonked someone in his craziness) without any prompting. 

We took Abigail to school and he whined the whole way home (as he has done every day so far). I got a video but can't post it from my phone. It's just "I want my Abigail" on repeat in a few different forms. We made a smoothie and hung out a bit before it was time to take Elizabeth to her appointment. Brady and Abigail love peeling the bananas for my smoothies but Brady didn't like this morning that they were cold. Why have I never thought to put my smoothie bananas in the fridge so they're cold when I need them?!  He was so cute. 

Of course he was super excited to take Elizabeth to her appointment. Also super into everything while we were there. I had a concerned parent in the waiting area tell me that he's pulled out the outlet cover and was trying to stick it back in the outlet. I pretended to act proactive until he was called back. 

When it was our turn, Brady was climbing all over, spinning in the chair, pounding on the computer keyboard, rolling around on the table with that paper stuff, and then literally throwing the printouts they gave me all over the room. 


And Elizabeth was just doing her thing. Pure sweetness. The sad news is that I've suspected for a few days that she might have reflux and, after I talked to the doctor, she also agreed. Now I'm torn about medicating her. I hate to give her medicine when she doesn't seem super bothered by it, but it is getting in the way of her taking a full feeling and, even though she's not screaming about it, that doesn't mean she's not bothered and experiencing discomfort and pain. Looking back on it, I think Abigail also had reflux. Also didn't cry, but the fact that both of us were a hot mess after most every feeding...  She would squirm and kick and arch her back and be so frantic and sometimes only nurse for ten seconds a side before she would refuse. Elizabeth nurses longer than that, but frequently won't finish the first side and then either refuses the second side completely or will only nurse for a minute. I'm going to give it a week and then email the doctor if I want her to prescribe some medicine. Also, she occasionally does the arm thing that Brady used to do... Which we found out was from his severe reflux. So... we'll see how this all plays out. 

And more pictures of Brady's antics. 




Elizabeth is something like 96th percentile for her height. Maybe I'll get around to a formal 2 month post for her. Her weight was 11lbs and 1.5 ounces... a little about 20th. Technically, she's 2.5 months right now....

We stopped by Walmart for milk on our way back. We did our shopping on Tuesday but there was literally no skim milk. They must have missed a delivery or something because the entire store was stocked of everything... Except skim milk. So today we ran in and I just bee lined it to the milk and had the cashier ring up six gallons and we were off. Brady almost fell asleep on the way to Abigail's school but I kept him awake. Ha. 

We went to the pool at 1 with Jodi and Elle and Traci and Emma and Charbel and her two boys. Our four little kindergarteners are all in the same class. Once they left, my two were bored. We stayed a bit longer and headed home. 

I won't lie... I was a bit bored too. Hence a million pictures of Elizabeth. Because I'm so in love with her. She had a blowout while we were there and several bouts of fussiness and all out cried for several minutes as we were packing up to leave. As chris said this evening "why is she just getting reflux now?!" 



Brady kept kicking and splashing so much that he would continually fuss about it. Which was funny because he was the one doing it to himself. 

And Abigail was ready to go home. The weather was so wonderfully pleasant for Elizabeth and me, especially under our umbrella. But I think with the wind, it felt really cold for Abigail. 

The rest of the night was just whatever.  The kids were in bed by 8 and I had Christopher sit with Brady while I talked to Abigail for over half an hour. I need to make that an every night thing. We need that for our relationship right now. Also, I think it's really helping her memory and getting her more willing and confident at recalling information. 

Let's hope tonight that Brady does better than last night. I went to bed after 1, Brady was up constantly between 2:30 and 5:30, and Elizabeth was up at 6:30 to eat and then Brady came downstairs by 8. I should have gone to bed two hours ago but I have such a hard time winding down. Did I ever mention that unisom is not approved for nursing mothers?  I was sooooo sad when I discovered that. I'm gonna need to look into other sleeping pill options. 

No comments: