Thursday, August 13, 2015

Kindergarten, pool, honey gone

Brady came in my room this morning and climbed in bed with me. Not sure what time it was, but I'm guessing just sometime after 7.  I remember him trying to use my head as a pillow (not sure why he always does this since my cheek bones aren't too padded) and moving around a lot. I guess he couldn't get comfortable because I woke up close to 8 to the sound of him and Abigail upstairs in the playroom or something. And then later I found this picture on my phone taken at 7:38am. See my hair? 

After we took Abigail to school, Brady and I had some quality time with Elizabeth. He loved showing her how he golfs. He tells her all day long about how he goes golfing with his dad (he's gone once... And chris took him to the driving range this past Saturday... But that's it. You'd think they go golfing every weekend by the way he talks though) and that he can golf. 

He also played catch with her. I got a few videos of it. So so so precious. The high voice he uses to talk to her gets me every single time. 

Brady and I also did puzzles and hung out a bit after Elizabeth went down for a nap. I love him one on one. It's much better than him on his own when he eats cans of Pringles all over the house and gets into sunscreen sticks and toothpaste. He's a rascal. 

After we got Abigail from school, we came home to pack snacks and change into swimsuits to meet up with Elle and Jodi at the pool. 

It threw Elizabeth off her groove though and she fell asleep in my arms before I could even put her in her crib for nap. She is insanely precious. 

I don't recall ever seeing sunflowers behind our yard before, but this summer there are several sunflower plants back there... The largest being right behind our yard! We love it. 

While the kids and I were eating dinner (honey is out of town til tomorrow), I heard the sound of infant poop. Wanting to finish my soup while it was hot, I decide to wait a few minutes to attend to Elizabeth. Apparently I should have left my soup and sprung into action instead. It turned into a whole process of pre hand washing the clothes and then giving Elizabeth a bath in the sink and new clothes and by then both kids said they were done with dinner and so we just started the bedtime process and when that was done and kids were in bed then I started a load of laundry and... I didn't clean up those dinner dishes til almost 10 o'clock. As I said... A process. My whole life is like "if you give a mouse a cookie..."

All three kids wants attention. I have mixed feelings on that depending on the kid. Tonight I told them all that first I would get Elizabeth to bed and then sit with Brady (last night it took him over an hour to fall asleep because he'd napped for an hour and a half but today we had a fun filled day and no nap so I knew it'd be faster) and then sit with Abigail (she doesn't actually need us, but she requests that we "stay for one minute" and it's easy enough to oblige. Well, Brady wouldn't stay in bed, and Elizabeth was taking forever to nurse because she was so exhausted (remember the whole process after the poop leak out?) and kept falling asleep, so putting her to bed took longer than usual and Brady fell asleep waiting. 

I left him there. And that was several hours ago. We'll see if he wakes up during the night. 

And then Abigail came to check on me and see what was taking so long and was all "Brady fell asleep on the carpet?!" Ha. 

So I stayed with her for a minute. She passed out almost instantly... Just after she asked me "mom, how do people get struck by lightening?" and got enough of an answer to satisfy her. 

Then I threw in that laundry, got in the shower, made our bed, finished cleaning up in the kitchen and eating the kids' leftover dinner (not worth saving but too much to waste), and folding and putting away laundry, and then reading that mom book. 

No comments: