Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Brady got a haircut

Saturday 2.13.16

Today was super fun. Chris and I took turns trying to sleep in this morning and then finally started the day a little before 9:30. We all hung out and ate breakfast and then went to Bri and Kelsey's around 10:30 for valentines festivities. They had some craft stuff and sugar cookies with icing and sprinkles and drones (for the boys). So we went over and Brent and Klaudette and Nate came too. It was a lot of fun. 

I think we left around 1:30 and came home for a bit. Chris fed the kids and took them outside to play (it's sunny and 65 and practically summer over here) while I fed Elizabeth (who was exhausted from being awake all morning) and held her after she fell asleep. She is precious beyond words. Also, such Rosie cheeks. I seriously can't get over them. 

After an hour, Elizabeth woke up, and honey and the kids found us and it was a crazy party of five in our bed for an hour until we left for the Hilliers. Brent and Klaudette were sorting through stuff in their garage (they're purging most everything) when we got there. Klaudette gave Abigail a trim and then gave Brady a full new do and chris his usual haircut. Then, as usual, chris was ready to peace out and I was the one making myself cozy and talking to Klaudette forever. Tonight I spent my time trying to convince her to keep their house and renovate it instead of selling it and having to find a new house. They'll probably still sell, but I just had to give my two cents. 

We'd planned to go to Chili's for lunch. And then bumped it to dinner, and then just scrapped it because it was so late. So the kids got dinner at home while we all hung out in the kitchen and then honey cleaned the kitchen and I got all the kids to bed. 

It was a really great day. 

Abigail's crafting style is "thorough."

It's like I put blush on her every morning. 

The boy loves shoveling snow. Also, again and again... This is seriously the best weather for playing in the snow. 

Before


During 

And of course I forgot an after. I used this blog post to "shop" for a new style for Brady. http://thesqueezeblog.com/2014/08/22-really-stinkin-cute-haircuts-for-toddler-boys/
My goal was to take Brady from 15 to 17, but we kinda went a little too short on top for that. My intention for summer is for him to have a 1 or 7, but I don't know if I'm brave enough to go that short. I just know I can't keep it as long as last year summer though... He was always so hot and sweaty. Anyway, we'll see. He's my only kid with real hair so I live out my dreams through him. While praying that someday I get a girl with that kind of hair. ; ) 

Also, Elizabeth won't need a haircut for a long time, but hold me to it, this is what I'm gonna do for her as her hair gets longer. None of the scraggly business I put up with with Abigail (who is still, and will be forever, trying to grow her hair out as long as rapunzel) who was always trying knots and making things really tricky. Elizabeth is gonna have to sport a little bob for me. 

So, sorry for the teaser... I'll have to get a picture of Brady's short little crew cut tomorrow. He's always precious no matter what. 

No comments: