Thursday, February 4, 2016

Hearing test, car hit, new dress

Today was fun. 

Abigail brought home mr. Bear yesterday but we've been so busy that we couldn't even do anything fun with him. But it didn't even matter because this morning I told Abigail that she write in his journal himself (instead of me writing it all) and she was actually for it! She did a great job. I forgot to take a picture but it was something like "mr bear and I played with Brady by his morning we read books."

After I got Abigail from school, we went straight to meet honey at costa vida for lunch. It was delicious as always. 

Then we went to Abigail's hearing evaluation. She was adorable during the "games" that the audiologist was doing with her. She would smile and giggle and bounce forward on her seat. 

The lady kept saying how sweet Abigail was. And it was true, she was being super sweet. That lady was luckily not around when we were in the waiting room and Abigail was having an outburst so bad ("BRADY! YOU'RE THE MEANEST!!!") that I was worried people were going to think she had autism or something else like that. Anyway, she did great and Brady played food toys. 

She did hand motions as she repeated words back to the lady. 

And this is apparently the room where they do the newborn hearing screening. Abigail had a newborn hearing test done in this giant throne of a chair. She liked it. 

We stopped by home just long enough to pick up a book that was due, and 15 others that we were done with and then returned them to the library and hung out there for a while. I got all the kids in the car and then was putting the stroller in the trunk when a lady (on her third attempt to get in the space next to me), hit my car. That made me sad because my car is less than a year old and only has a few thousand miles on it, but really, it was a blessing that it was all as good as it was because the lady was super polite and fine and even though all three of my kids were in the car (Abigail and Brady in the process of getting buckled), there was no worry of safety for any of them and really it's just a scratch in the paint. Honey is naturally much more annoyed than I am. But that's understandable because he's the one that's gonna be dealing with this all. He's already been on the phone with insurance people and whatever. He takes good care of me. 

We watched a little hockey tonight. Check it out. Just 24 hours ago, we were standing in that very spot having our picture taken together. Hey Gabe! It's like we're bff. 

The hockey watching party. Elizabeth even had her hockey stick while Brady looked at hockey pictures on Chris's phone from last night to compare them with the players he was seeing on tv. 

Klaudette and Nate stopped by to drop off a kids john Deere gator (since she's purging hardcore these days) and of course brought other stuff too. In there was grandpa RB's Book of Mormon from his mission. I was so touched. The R is for Robert... Brady's middle name. Also, Klaudette brought me a dress. Before I even saw it (it was in a garment bag), she was all "you're the only one skinny enough to fit this... I used to wear it back in the day... It belonged to my grandmother" and I was immediately curious. Well, it was love at first sight. I accepted it and then tried it on first chance I got and then again after everyone was in bed. I rolled up one sleeve to make it a little more my style since I normally wear cap sleeve stuff. Aside from that, I made zero changes and the dress fits me like a glove. The pictures don't capture it well, but it is so beautiful and, as I said, fits me to the very millimeter. Now I just can't gain any weight. Also, hopefully it still fits my chest okay after I quit nursing. 

I'm so excited to wear it when the weather warms up. 

So today (despite my car getting hit) was a success. And I am beat. 

No comments: