Saturday, February 27, 2016

Stadium series avs game

Today was amazing and tonight was amazing.

The weather was awesome. I stayed in bed this morning until I went to pick up my Walmart grocery order at 8:30 and then I walked around the block and talked to Emmy and then chris brought all the kids outside and we had Brady try out a bike with training wheels and ride it up to the playground (Abigail pushed Elizabeth's stroller) and honey told me about the avs alumni game from last night. By 11:30, I was getting a headache from not having eaten since the night before (eating is such a nuisance) and I needed to prep everything for a babysitter, so I walked Elizabeth home and put her down for a nap. I got something to eat and hung out on the driveway with chris and he kids a bit while doing laundry. I contemplated giving up on life and rested in bed for an hour (headaches apparently give me severe mood swings) until I felt like I could handle hard things like standing up and putting away laundry. I helped the kids and cleaned up and laid out pjs and gave Christopher cleaning tasks and all the stuff that makes me think "this is sooo not worth it" a million times. Also during this, Elizabeth had woken up around 2:30 maybe and of course she refused to eat (surprise surprise) so I pumped a bottle and, instead of giving it to her, kept it on the counter for the babysitter to give her later (Elizabeth doesn't care if she's fed or not... Maybe she gets that from me?) and she hung out on my bed for the next hour and a half I think while we were all doing our things. The girl is an angel. I have no idea how I got so lucky with a second angel baby, but she really is divine. She'll be 9 months tomorrow... Maybe I can get my act together and write a post. 

I picked the babysitter up, gave her the rundown in the car, showed her how to swaddle Elizabeth, left, did my makeup in the car, and then texted her all the instructions too (because I waaaay over prepare when it comes to leaving our kids with babysitters. To be clear, it's more out of concern/convenience for our babysitter than for our kids) and still had plenty of time to join the fun conversation in the car with Bri and Kelsey who we picked up on the way. 

We found $5 parking (hallelujah since the regular lots were $50 for the night) and walked to coor's field. This was all great for my Fitbit I've been trying out the last couple of days since my watch broke (RIP... It was a good 15 years). We walked around some and then went to our seats which were actually in a suite. The food was good, the seats were great (the way the ice arena was set up, our level of seats had the very best view), and the game was absolutely awesome. Andy grammer had a little concert before the game started. And in case you're like me and think you have no clue who he is, I'll just tell you that I'm positive you could have sang along to all the songs he sang because I had never heard of him and was completely surprised to find that I actually knew all the words to all the songs. Whoops. The game was high scoring and the goals were awesome. Like really really really great goals. It was so insanely fun. The fray played during second intermission and there were fireworks and lights (everyone in the outfield had bracelets with lights coordinating to the music) and I loved it. I think some people probably wished it was louder or more concert like but I thought it was perfect. Also, Claude Lemieux (a really good retired hockey player) came to our suite and did a Q&A and signed autographs and took pictures so that was super cool. I really liked him. He just seemed like such a quiet and sincere guy. Especially when he was talking one on one with this guy I was standing next to (since I was the creeper that snuck into that conversation). During second intermission, we went up to where Mark and Nate were sitting so chris could visit with some clients and I hung out with Mark. We went back to the suite for the third period. It was exciting with more goals and penalties and power plays and all the good stuff but the red wings scored with just a few minutes left and hen scored an empty next with a few seconds left (since we'd pulled he goalie). It would have been fun if we'd pulled off the win, but honestly, it was an amazing game... I don't even care. I had so much fun. 

We met up with bri and Kelsey and mark and Nate and walked back to the car together. I love how something as ordinary as walking a few city blocks (actually it was about a mile) to the car can be so fun when you're with fun people. Mark and Nate got player cards of themselves before the game and it was just fun talking about trading cards and making jokes about mark (since he lacerated his kidney playing hockey) being the fantasy player that gets injured and is out the whole season. That and the drive home was just all fun and conversation. I forget how much I enjoy interacting with people over five feet tall. 

But of course the first thing I did after I got home from dropping off the babysitter was head upstairs to wake Elizabeth up and smooch her cheeks for five minutes before changing her diaper and feeding her. She has this laugh lately that I can only describe as the baby version of a Suzy butler laugh. Family, I'll try to get it on video and you can tell me if you agree at all. Anyway, it's just this constant laugh that she does when she's happy and I just love it. She actually nursed really well (because she was swaddled and it was during the night... For her) and I loved it. I just sat and watched her and held her tight. My only thoughts and focus were how much I love her. She is perfection... I really can't say it any other way. I kissed her cheeks for another five minutes before putting her back in her crib and listening to her Suzy butler laugh herself to sleep. 

It was seriously such a wonderful day. So many of my days seem monotonous and just kinda blah when I'm wearing sweats and fighting with little people about what color sippy cup is best, but today was just one of those days that I felt more myself and more alive than half asleep. ; ) 

And for that I am so very grateful. 

It was just really an especially great day. 

Ps- the cotton!!! I LOVED the cotton at the game!!!
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/high-winds-cause-fake-snow--blizzard--at-nhl-stadium-series--video-034822640.html



No comments: