Tuesday, February 9, 2016

I'm lazy

Saturday I stayed in bed for most of the day. Because I'm lazy. And I just wasn't really in the mood to be out of bed. It made me feel like crap to be so lazy but also, it's so hard to function when you're so tired. Why do I never feel well rested?!

Sunday was the super bowl. We were invited to several super bowl parties, but after attending one two years ago (I think... Whenever the Broncos played last), I decided that I didn't want to do that again. Nothing huge, it just didn't feel like Sunday that day and I didn't like it. So this year, we politely declined and stayed home. Honey watched the game periodically (he pauses and then watches fast and then pauses again) and I checked the score on my phone ever hour or so. I will say though that I was really pulling for the Broncos and am super glad they won. Also, you should have seen all the blue and orange going on at church that morning. Also, I took a much needed nap from 4-6 or something. Hallelujah. 

Monday- I remember that it wasn't memorable. How's that? Just kidding. I'm recalling parts of it now. Brady fell asleep while I was putting Elizabeth down for her morning nap and he actually slept from 10:30-1:30 I think. Honey was worried that he might have trouble falling asleep at bedtime but I told him I had zero worries about that because having him nap was soooo worth it. I am blown away at how different my life would be if Brady still napped. When Abigail got home from school, it was like she was my only child. So she got a little snack and we used dry erase markers for her to practice writing her name a ton (to get ready for signing her valentines) and we read together and it was great. The moment that the other kids woke up though, things were back to hectic and me being frazzled. In case anyone was wondering, I don't do extremely well with three kids sitting on me... Which is what happens when Elizabeth needs to sit in my lap (because we were on the sofa) and Abigail likes to snuggle in close and Brady thinks he's a lap dog. Anyway, I'm trying to learn. ; ) the rest of the day was me trying to be nice and patient despite having a headache and dealing with a slew of visiting teaching crap. 

Tuesday- my headache was worse... And stayed bad. I attempted as much time in bed as I could. The kids were pretty good. They made messes while I was in my bed with Elizabeth (gave me flashbacks of when I was bedridden with morning sickness with Elizabeth) but cleaned then up alright without much trouble. I ran to Walmart as soon as honey got home at 5:30 and stopped home for a minute (that turned into 15 minutes because Elizabeth woke up from her 4 hour nap and I wanted to feed her) before heading to our RS activity. It was about heavenly father's love for us and a chocolate fountain with lots of sipping options. I loved hanging out with friends. My headache continued to be atrocious, but it was a nice escape not to think about it for a bit. Coming home, I walked in the door to find my two kids asleep in their beds and my baby happily watching my honey finish the dishes. I won't lie, he gets better and better with time. He's so much better at anticipating my needs (and the needs of our household) and fulfilling them than what he used to be. I just really appreciate all of his help. Especially because I haaaate doing dishes. And then I got Elizabeth to bed and honey and I watched the bachelor. They swam with pigs in the Bahamas. Which was awesome because I was literally googling that island earlier today looking at possible travel destinations in the Bahamas. Seriously, what're the odds?!

Anyway, my headache is still killing me and I feel super nauseous from it so I'm gonna hope I can fall asleep and then hope even harder that I wake up feeling just fantastic. 

; ) 

Also, Elizabeth is about as slow of a teether as Brady was and I've been watching her two bottom teeth hang out under the surface of her gums for the last week. They haven't poked through yet, but apparently it's less painful than it was because she is happier when she's awake and is sleeping better for naps and at night (just waking up once around 4:30 or 5:30) so that is wonderful. January was a bit of a struggle in that way, but February has luckily brought some relief.  I'm happy for her... When I'm not too busy mourning the loss of her happy, gummy smile. She's the funnest baby ever. Also, she tolerates a lot. 



No comments: