Tuesday, February 9, 2010

am i four years old?

i think one of the main reasons i don't like movies is because they scare me.  i remember when i was younger and my mom would put on the wizard of oz while she went in the kitchen to do some cooking.  and around the time the house started flying and that scary woman peddled by on her bike, my mom would find me in the kitchen giving her some lame excuse about how, yes, i wanted to watch the movie but at this moment i missed her and wanted to help her cook for a bit. 

i can read scary books, but any movie even remotely dramatic, like narnia or something... way too scary for me to ever watch alone and even with someone i will be jumping all over the place, before stuff even happens.

so tonight i went to loran's apartment to watch a movie.  she lives on the floor below me and we always hang out at church but not really during the week.  trying to decide between the proposal and the da vinci code, we picked the latter because neither of us had ever seen it. 

well let me tell you, i've heard a LOT of hype about that book and that movie.  NONE of it mentioned how terrifying it was!!!  we watched about thirty minutes before i got up the courage to ask loran if we coul watch the proposal instead.  there was no way i could bear another two hours ofthe creepy monk and self mutilation.

well, i'll be honest.  i'm really embarassed about it.

but i happen to have that book on my shelf and it's next on my to read list!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha I remember trying to go see a scary movie with you guys once and you weren't havin it! LoL I love you, you're so funny!

Ricci said...

Oddly enough, the first time I watched that movie I was fine, but about a year ago I went to watch it again and it totally freaked me out. So I completely understand :)

Sara said...

Good for you for voicing it, though. If you had sat there watching the movie despite your terror, I would have worried about you.

You don't want to expose your Pinata to anything to scary too soon.

Paige Taylor Evans said...

The Da Vinci Code is a great book. I recommend reading Angels & Demons first cuz it's better and it comes chronologically first in the series, though in the movies it's after.