Tuesday, February 16, 2010

too add to cook

eggs have been one of my favorite foods lately.  well, i guess eggs are always one of my favorite foods, it's just the way they're prepared that varies.  currently i'm on a kick of something that i don't have a name for (although i'm sure one exists somewhere) where you butter some bread and cut a hole in it.  then crack the egg in the hole and cook it on both sides.  the egg ends up being kinda over easy and conveniently located on your toast.  it's great!

sometimes i get home from work and i'm really enthusiastic for two things.  getting online and eating food.  so sometimes i try to get online while my food is cooking even though i know i have a 97% chance of forgetting about whatever i'm cooking.

so last monday i made a few of these no name eggs one right after the other, assembly line fashion.  the last one ended up burned because i got cocky and thought i could remember it was cooking even though i was on my computer.  i thought to myself "i should take a picture of this.  it's just so black it's funny."  but i forgot (surprise surprise) and salvaged it and ate it before i remembered to get my camera out.

and then last tuesday i got home, eager for internet and no name eggs.  the first one, black as night.  blacker than the monday night mishap.  the egg was even cooked through and through.  i realized i just had to get my camera.  i had just known it would happen again and that i could take a picture of it the next time... it was sad to me that it happened so soon.  24 hours?  too soon. 

anyways, salvaged it and ate it but made myself stay in the kitchen for the next two, which turned out beautifully.  and which were absolutely delicious.

so here, for your entertainment...

black as sin.  as they say in the south.

 
perfection.  as i say every time i eat it.

5 comments:

Jeff said...

You are funny. Don't let Grandmother know how many eggs you're eating!

Sara said...

Oh, Carrie. If I had a nickel for every time I burned my food... I could afford my own personal chef.

We call that Toad in a Hole!

sorham said...

I call it one eyed jack.

EmmyLou said...

where are your fruits and veggies with those meals?

The Crazy Coxes said...

LOL!
My friend makes those all the time. She calls them Eggs in Basket and Bull's Eye.

I don't call it anything - just make one for me!