Tuesday, February 2, 2010

to my silly sister... the blogging one

ha.  i just read your blog... specifically, THIS post.
I'm a horrible sister.  I was asked to be 'on stand-by' for my sister's maternity clothes shopping experience last night.  When she checked in with me.  I said - yep, I'm available, but only by text.  We're starting the Bachelor in 30 minutes.  Yep - that's me, a great sister.  I put the Bachelor before my sister's shopping needs.  I think she gave up on my texting support.  I only made it to one store with her.  Later I found out she called my mom to find out if the Bachelor was over yet so she could call me!  Awww!!!  Shopping is so traumatic to begin with, then to have a sister that lets you down!  I'm so sorry, please forgive me. 

PS - the Bachelor is SO good.  I even made brownies to celebrate it.  And I can't wait for next week's drama!!! 

emmy, i love you!  first off, i didn't call mom... she called me.  i SWEAR she is inspired on when to call me.  she always calls when i need her the very very most.  even if it's after 10:30 her time.

second.  at least i didn't cry.  if i had started crying, you better believe your phone would have been ringing off the hook.  you would have had no choice but to help the situation.

but lastly, the reason i wasn't too put off by your text-only-availability is because i UNDERSTAND the importance of the bachelor (and bachelorette).  even if i haven't watched any of this season, it doesn't mean that i don't get it.  i DO! 

so let's just get this straight... 


no hard feelings!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I'm kind of with your sister on that one.

I was talking to my friend in Hong Kong and said, "Okay, but this has to be quick because my stories are on in half an hour." And I was, of course, referring to Jake and the Wings of Love.

It's quality.

Jeff said...

So why wasn't I on standby? I couldn't sleep and was up until almost 1 last night! What were you looking for? Why do you insist on posting such terrible pictures of me?! I may be the only one who doesn't watch the bachelor.

Carrie said...

liza, you weren't on standby because you live on the east coast. i was unaware that you'd be awake during my late night shopping for maternity jeans.

ps- don't be so vain! ;-)