Tuesday, February 23, 2010

i'll admit it

"pregnancy brain"    ...i never believed in it until tonight.

Memory Lapse? It May Be Pregnancy Brain

Many expectant and new moms say they are forgetful. Some studies back up the claims.

When she was pregnant with her now 1 1/2-year-old son, Bena Blakeslee frantically paced an airport parking lot searching in vain for her Jeep. Exasperated after an hour of this fruitless endeavor, she broke down in tears and called her husband to tell him that their car had been stolen.
Turns out that Blakeslee, a mother of two in Westchester, N.Y., actually forgot which lot she had parked in. "I also went to the wrong airport twice on the same trip and another time, I was sitting at the wrong gate and completely missed my flight," she tells WebMD.
Sound familiar? It should. Many expectant and/or veteran moms will tell you that they have experienced the kind of embarrassing forgetfulness that Blakeslee describes.
full article can be found here.


i know i'm naturally add and somewhat of an airhead... but this tonight was just over the top.

so count me in.  i'm a believer. 

(and now, so is my blogging sister, emily, who happened to be on the phone with me throughout this whole incident.)

4 comments:

Jeff said...

I need to hear the whole story!

Sara said...

Oh crap, I do that now.

Maybe I shouldn't reproduce...

EmmyLou said...

So I told that story THREE times to other people. It was great. I think you might need to look into either being on a reality show so they can video document your every move, or attach some gps tracking devices to all of your belongings.

megan b. said...

um just so you know this whole pregnancy brain thing doesn't go away. i still have it. it bites.