Thursday, August 11, 2011

a few highlights from today

this morning i found delicious cookies on my doorstep!  

my friend jodi has been telling me about this amazing family recipe for fondent covered cookies.  well, she made them this week and true to her word, shared a few with me.

 they're like candy covered cookies.  i was taking my last bite when she called to make sure i got them.  "yes, i'm eating one at this very moment.  actually i just finished it."  "well, don't eat the other one right now.  you'll feel sick.  they give me shakes from all the sugar."  mmm, that's my kind of cookie.  and i'm really not even a cookie person.

i also gave baby coconut for the first time.  i probably shouldn't because it's sweetened but i'm trying to think of fattening things to give my baby.  she only eats fruits, veggies, and whole grains so there's not a lot of fat to be had.  i've recently started giving her full fat cheese on a pretty regular basis and eggs.  well today i noticed that coconut flakes have 4 grams of fat in each serving.  and a serving is only 2 tablespoons!  so that's what baby had for snack.  don't worry, she had pineapple and mango too, which i discovered are extra delicious when rolled in coconut.  try it.

she is the cutest baby i've ever seen.  especially with a coconut flake goatee.  the reason i even had the coconut out though was for granola.  i made my mom's homemade granola recipe for the first time and it was surprisingly quick and easy.  after years of having her mail it to me, who knew i could whip it together so nicely on my own?!  although it did help that she mailed me pecans (holy crap those are expensive if you have to buy them!) from my grandparents' farm and almonds already crushed.  anyways, it was a huge success and delightfully delicious.

i had a huge bowl of granola and yogurt for dinner tonight instead of spaghetti leftovers.  it is a rare day that i choose cold fare over a hot meal but after the granola baked and left my house smelling AMAZING, there was no fighting it.  i had to go with granola.  

so those are the pictures from today that happened to make it to my computer tonight.  and once again i'm procrastinating sleep because my honey is out of town again.  i'm just going to bite the bullet now.  wish me luck.

No comments: