Tuesday, April 24, 2012

hilliers and heels

last night we went to the hilliers so honey could get a hair cut.  since my hair was absolutely trashed, my wonderful mother in law gave me a bit of a trim too to clean up the ends.  which ended up being about two inches.  as i said, completely trashed.

before

while we got our hair cut, baby girl played with her two youngest uncles.  in my opinion, john is the most hands on and affectionate uncle.  he is so sweet with her and i am going to be so sad when he graduates soon and leaves for college.  he was long boarding with baby girl and she was loving it.  every time he helped her off, she would get right back on again and he would take her for another ride.

 
 
 
these pictures crack me up.  when baby girl isn't really into the picture, the other person makes up for her lack of enthusiasm.


and many thanks to lynell and sarah for shoe recommendations!  apparently i'm not as fashion victim as i thought because i was thinking nude pumps too.  woohoo!  i was saddened this morning to see there were no shoe suggestions but went on with my day.  baby girl and i hit up story time at the library and headed to target.  while i was there, i saw these and called my sister emmy and texted her a picture to see what she thought.  i can rarely buy something without someone else giving me that confidence and assurance.  she confirmed that it would be the correct shoe choice.  purchase!

so here they are with the dress.

yikes those are some pasty legs
don't judge the unflattering angle.  this is self timer... from my stairs.

what do you think?  because i'm feeling very good about it.  they are seriously an exact combination of lynell's and sarah's suggestions.  so that means it's for sure a winner.

oh, and here's an after picture of my hair.  for a free trim i'm loving it.

 

and for whatever reason, i struggle to get out of target without buying at least one thing not on my list.  today it was these wedges that happened to be half off and in my size.  maybe my disdain for shoes is waning.  i can only hope!

2 comments:

ok said...

Yay!!!! Those shoes are absolutely perfect!!! You did great! And you'll come to adore your nude pumps - they go with EVERYTHING, which is why I recommended them! And your hair looks great, and your baby is adorable, and the pictures of her longboarding?! AH!!

Lyndel said...

oh i love those! Definitely a perfect choice. And I agree with Sarah... nude pumps rock! Sexy legs Carrie :)