Saturday, April 14, 2012

thoughts on my mind

things have been pretty busy around here and i've got a bunch of stuff i need to post, mainly for liza the food stuff i've been making, but i'm having trouble finding the motivation and brainpower to do so.  so instead, here's a whole bunch of nothingness.

first, i don't know that i've ever purchased anything from pottery barn.  ever.  but i get their catalogs (um, i just tried to spell that catologues... see?  brain power gone) in the mail practically every other day and i love looking at the pictures.  because they're pretty and glossy and they give me inspiration and guidance on certain decorating decisions i'm deliberating (like right now trying to figure out a bed frame and new bedding) and y'know what i'm absolutely loving about their stuff this season?!  that it is all monogrammed with my initials!

$50 bar soap
well, my old initials.  for carrie elise maycock.  i guess now i'm cmh for carrie maycock hillier but whatever.  pottery barn is sporting my old initials and for some reason it's just one of those little things that makes me smile.  cMe all over everything!  check out their monogram shop online and see for yourself.  but don't buy anything.  because it is ridiculously expensive and poor quality.  anyways, it cracks me up.   ps- i want to find something similar to this bedding... i think.

we have a huge master closet but there's not enough room to organize all of our clothes because it's just a rod and a shelf... terribly inefficient.  i dream of one of those super awesome built in closet systems like look like this



and sometimes i find pictures of closet systems looking like this.


and i can't help but laugh at the picture because honestly, who spends hundreds of dollars on a closet dedicated to two dresses, two pairs of shoes, a pair of pants, one blazer, a purse, a box, and a blanket?  not me.  the only time those things should be together alone is in a suitcase.

today we set up the furniture where we want it in the guest room... it's just lacking a mattress.  which it won't have until we can find a king bed/bedding (see above) we like so that we can move our queen bed upstairs.

i have got to be the most indecisive person ever.  our house looks like we just moved in because i can seem to get enough of an opinion on rugs, pillows, art for the walls, or anything else.  i do, however, feel 100% certain that i need chandeliers in my master closet although i'm having trouble convincing my christopher that that is a necessary purchase.

i've had home stuff on my mind lately, can you tell?

lately, i've been a crazy combination of excited and wanting to accomplish things but unmotivated, tired, and overwhelmed as well.  and it's taking a toll on my calling and making me feel really behind/not on top of things but i as i mentioned before, i just can't seem to gather the brainpower to overcome it all.

tonight we were supposed to have a cozy little movie date night after baby went to sleep.  honey redboxed extremely loud and incredibly close and i was excited about it exclaiming "yeay!  i've been wanting to see that!"  well after half a second of it i said, "umm, just kidding, i don't think this is the movie i was thinking of and actually, i think i'll have my laptop out while we watch it so i don't get scared or spooked" which morphed into "actually, if you don't mind, i think i'll just hang out with my computer in bed while you watch the movie because it sounds super creepy."  so we're having a great movie date night... in different rooms.  although i can somewhat hear it and i'm really glad i'm not watching it.

i bought this dress tonight.


honey and i maaay have gotten into a little disagreement about this dress concerning the modesty issue.  it's definitely long enough and not too tight, and contrary to what that picture would have you believe, the front is not revealing (although that could have more to do with my umm body type than anything else).  the issue came up in... THE SLEEVES.  first, i'm going to have to wear it around the house a bit and see if my g's are noticeable through the arm hole (i haaate when the arm holes are too big for my arms) but mainly, my honey is convinced that this dress is sleeveless.  i told him they're cap sleeves (now that i've seen the website description i have a proven source!) but he strongly disagreed and said that if you asked 10 people about this dress, 10 people would say there are no sleeves.  i would LOVE to hear if anyone regards this as sleeveless.  it's cut the exact same as my downeast shirts.  anyways, thoughts?  and don't tell me it's not a good color on me because i got it super marked down and that was the only color available.  so i don't want your thoughts on that part of it, got it?

and now it's time to retrieve my passed out honey from the sofa and go to sleep!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It definitely has cap sleeves, sorry chris. I think the color would look marvelous on you. That blue is one of the best colors in the world. I love the paisley sheets. Have you tried looking at ross or tjmaxx for sheets? They usually have pretty high threadcount for decent prices, but you usually have to dig around for a while.

Anonymous said...

Definitely cap sleeves.

ok said...

DEFINITELY cap sleeves. Sorry honey. :)

Also, we're totally into house stuff... announcement to follow in about two months ;) I am really trying to convince Adam that we HAVE to do a closet system. You just have to!

ok said...

Oh and I just looked at the bedding - we actually have almost that exact one!!!! It's the Bella Paisley... I'm not into paying that much for a stupid duvet cover but it was one of the only things we could agree on, so we just had to bite the bullet!

Bryan and Carolyn Turnage said...

It has sleeves. Silly Christopher.

Lyndel said...

cap sleeves.

oh and I think you should have chandeliers in your master bedroom closet too.

Whitney said...

cap sleeves, like the bedding, and I'm bummed because I wanted to see that movie but now you have me scared. Also, I laughed out loud because sometimes our "movie date nights" end up like that if there is a game on he wants to watch and a book that I'm totally into. Glad we're not the only ones.

kara said...

Hi Chris! Sleeves. Sorry.