Sunday, October 27, 2013

Busy Sunday sickday

Today was an out of the ordinary Sunday. I slept in til 8 because I don't have to go to ward council anymore, and honey as gone when I woke up because he doesn't have to go to bishopric meeting but he does have to go to ward council. Brady woke up at 8 but I just fed him and put him back in bed so he would be rested for church. But his crying woke Abigail up so I got her out of bed and we read together. Then I had fun dressing her to up in different outfits to decide what she should wear to church. When we went downstairs for breakfast, Honey had just come home... super sick to his stomach. Said his pepto bismol wore off during his meetings and he felt miserable... So he laid in bed while I fed Abigail. We're out of French bread so I ate my cheese eggs on biscuits. Sooo sinfully delicious. 9:45 rolled around and I finished getting myself ready for church while my honey got Abigail dressed in the outfit we'd picked out. They got in the car while I grabbed Brady and got him dressed.  While I was eating breakfast I got a text asking if I could lead the music in sacrament so honestly there was no time to feed Brady and I didn't even know if we would get to church in time. I jumped out of the car while Chris parked and brought the kids in and then I tried to review the hymns in my head during the announcements. And then I prayed that Brady would behave because Chris was in no position to walk the halls with him. And then I realized that I wasn't going to have time to feed Brady because I was leading hymns and had an intermediate hymn and then after that I needed to drop Abigail off at nursery, pick up the primary manual from the library, and go sub the valiant 9 class teaching a lesson about winter quarters that I'd skimmed over the night before because I'd just been asked last night to sub and didn't have the time or energy to come up with anything quality. I was late finding the classroom and didn't hear the bell because that classroom is at the very very very end of the hallway so the whole class was late for singing time. Thankfully the primary president told me I didn't need to sit with them for singing time so I was able to take Brady to the mothers lounge to finally feed him for the first time in five hours. He was an absolute angel during sacrament and my lesson. The kids even asked "does your baby ever make any noise?" Because he just hung out in his carseat without making a peep to the point that for the majority of the lesson I forgot he was there. Literally. I am so add. So I fed Brady and took him to rs and the lesson was great and I even made a comment and honestly.... RS is amazing. I've missed it terribly. I love it so so much and it felt so good to be back. Then I picked up Abigail from nursery,wandered the church looking for Chris, finally found him in our car in the parking lot and then reminded him I needed to stay to get set apart for my new calling. He said he felt atrocious so I sent him home with our kids. Getting set apart was great. I loved the council and promises I was given. I am so excited for this calling. 

I got a ride home from a friend and when I walked in the door, mickey mouse Christmas music was blasting and Abigail was running wild around the house. I asked her where daddy and Brady were. "Daddy is in bed and Brady is sleeping in his carseat in the bathroom... Oh look!  He's awake now!"  Of course, because that's like 10 inches from the door I came in and I probably woke him up not knowing he was there. Sigh. I fed Abigail and Brady while getting texts from Chris like "do we have any chicken noodle soup?"  The only kind I had left wasn't traditional (it had spiral noodles and chunky veggies) and honey said that would not do. And he asked if I would get him some of the right kind later. At first I was all "seriously?!  Because the noodles are the wrong shape?!" But then I remembered what it was like to have morning sickness and yes, something like the shape of a noodle can make it or break it. But I really didn't feel okay breaking the sabbath for that so I brainstormed while I fed the kids. I kept receiving the impression to use Facebook. But I disregarded it because I normally don't ever post and I didn't want Chris to see and I didn't want to invite discussion. So then the thought came to post something on our small and unofficial ward fb group. I felt silly doing it, especially specifying Campbell's and straight traditional noodles but I did and within minutes had a friend text me that she had a can but it was the kind with double noodles and no chicken. Good enough!  I cleaned up the kids and got Abigail down for nap before packing Brady in the car to pick up a can of soup. Driving back home I couldn't help but feel like this was a story like the ones in the friend magazine. I had a problem, I received an impression, I acted in faith, and I was blessed with what I needed. Small and simple but it was important to me. I needed a can of soup for my sick husband but didn't want to break the sabbath for it. Worthy of the friend, don't you think?!  I can just see the cartoon picture to go with it. 

So when I got home, I heated the soup on the stove and opened the spiral noodle soup and picked out the chicken to add to the chickenless Campbell's double noodles soup. And got rid of all the evidence so honey will never know that actually I didn't go to the store and buy him a normal can of soup. 



Never stops moving. 


And y'know what?!  After all of that, I found out later that he was too sick to even eat it. Like this cereal and oatmeal. He thought he could manage it but in fact his body could not. Do I still get those good wife points for making soup?!


And today was one of those backwards nap days where Abigail naps when I wanted her to just stay awake and play in her crib and Brady doesn't nap because he got an awkward carseat power nap. Oh well, somehow fitting with this type of day going on. The kids played well, ate well, and hung out while I cleaned our disaster of a house and the piles of dishes in the kitchen. And we made these Thomas ornaments from the holiday edition magazine that came this week. Our junk drawers are so out of control full and messy but they happened to include perfect color and length ribbons and four little jingle bells. Junk drawer for the [super huge it's almost too perfect] win!


Brady went to bed at 7:45 and I got some quality time with Abigail. My favorite was this impromptu "blonde" moment where we looked in the mirror and talked about hair color. She said my hair color is brown and hers is gray. So I taught her about "blonde."  She was fascinated and eager to learn more. And when there was nothing more to say she just kept asking me "tell me more".  Huh?  Tell you more what?  "Tell me more about our hairs."  More and more these days we butt heads (and yell to each other "BE SWEET!!!" In pretty angry voices) but this moment was precious and innocent. Thank goodness for those precious moments. All was right in the world. 


And then we read Saturday is dadurday and I headed downstairs to finish cleaning the kitchen. Sweeping, unloading the dishwasher, wiping the counters, picking up stray toys. 


Then this guy woke up. But thankfully went to sleep again without a problem. Similar to what my friend Sarah posted on Facebook today... It wasn't a Sunday funday, more of a Sunday sickday... But we made it through. It was one of tips kinda hard days that wasn't fun in the moment but left me feeling accomplished for getting it done. 

Once again, I'm just excited for Monday. Mondays are awesome. And hopefully will be kinder to my honey than this sunday was. 

1 comment:

ok said...

Stupid Sunday Sickday. I'm sorry honey isn't feeling well. If it's any consolation, I also didn't feel like the soup with the spiral noodles, I only wanted the straight noodles. We almost never eat that crap but when I get sick it's the only thing that sounds good. You can get it at Costco by the case and it lasts a few years! (Maybe a good Christmas present for honey?!)