Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!



The cutest photo bomber ever

And just make that two. These kids love the camera. Even when I didn't ask them to even be around for the shot. 

Seriously, I'm sure they've got many fights ahead of them, but they've got a whole lot of laughter under their belts too. 


Abigail kept saying "is that more friends coming to our house?!  Because they ate all their dinner?!"  Yes ma'am. And once you finish yours, you can go trick or treating too! 



She thought getting candy was fine but what she really loved what making conversation with so many new friends!  She normally forgot to say trick or treat but was always a half beat ahead when it came to "I'm a sheep!  And I've got this star thing!"  Other favorite conversation topics were: do you have dogs?  Why do you have two dogs? (to which our neighbor replied "that is a very good question... i ask myself that every day!") I don't  have any dogs. Do you have toys? (Then they'd maybe say something like "yes, but they're all downstairs" and Abigail would respond that she had toys but that her toys are upstairs.) and other things I can't even think of. She is so chatty and will make conversation with anyone, anywhere. Target and Walmart shoppers and cashiers looooooove it. Well, some of them actually really do. The conversation was the real treat of the night. When she got home we let her pick any candy she wanted. She picked some nasty looking sucker. When she finished that she asked for help washing her hands and then asked for her goldfish we thought she must have been confused by the packaging of the cheese puff balls. When honey gave her those, she started crying and insisting on her goldfish. Dumping out the entire pumpkin of candy, we ate our words because... Check it out... Goldfish. Amazing. 


This stuff?  Means nothing. Give the kid some goldfish already. 

Happy little sheep. This kid loves dressing up. 


And for lack of a better note to end on, how perfect is this picture?  Abigail's expression at the very moment honey was scratching his head and the perfect angle the camera captured it all?  


I know. I'm such a skilled photographer. 

2 comments:

Diana C. said...

that last picture made me laugh. it is a good set up! :) MIss you!

Cherie (and sometimes Senor) said...

This whole entire post made me laugh and laugh...I think our eldest children are cut from the same cloth. I was prodding CL to finish her dinner so she could go out and she doesn't care much about the candy either, she enjoys the meet and greet...everywhere we go. I wonder who could out talk the other if we put Abigail and CL in a room together? Oh I wish they could meet! So glad you're feeling better, too!