Saturday, October 5, 2013

Winter

Abigail woke up this morning and saw the snow out her window. Then immediately started the incessant requests to go out and play in the winter. 

And winter it was. When did fall happen?!  Wednesday I think?  Monday and Tuesday mornings I got sunburned as I sweated it out at the park. Thursday it was a little bit chillier and today it snowed. So I'm pretty sure fall was on Wednesday. 




She was already wearing fleece pjs so I just had her put on a pair of old jeans, a too small puffy coat, snow boots, hat, and mittens. Then it was go time. 




She was so excited to go play out in the winter. And she did on multiple occasions. Until about 1 I clock when it was pretty much all melted. By two, it was bright and sunny and no trace that it had snowed. 


Brady woke up at 6:45 this morning. Which for me is equivalent to the middle of the night. So I fed him and put him back to bed. And he slept til after 11. It made for a really easy morning cleaning my kitchen and watching Abigail play in the back yard. 

Abigail heard Brady wake up and took a page from my book "I'll go check on Brady while you stay here. okay?" So when I went up later, he was happily sitting in his crib while she read him stories. SITTING. because apparently he can now go from laying down to sitting. I didn't see it til an hour later when I was on the phone with Liza (thanks for celebrating with me!) and when I excitedly told my honey about it today after work he told me that was old news and that Brady was doing that over and over the other night. My husband. A man of very very few words. Still, I think this is awesome. 



One of honey's coworkers got this hat for Brady. It's a hat and scarf and mittens (the ends of the scarf tails have pockets for your hands) and dragon head all in one crazy contraption. We got a kick out of this and then Abigail tried to eat Brady. 



And then Liza called and apparently I took zero more pictures the rest of the day. I did do a few loads of laundry and I made a batch of laundry detergent and cleaned my kitchen some. So we'll say my day was productive. 

Tonight I went to young women volleyball and came home to watch the end of the avs game. They've won both of their games so far. And byu won tonight too. 

Who's pumped for conference?!  Today was such a wonderfully cozy day and I'm so excited to wear pjs and snuggle under some warm blankets to watch conference tomorrow. Hot chocolate anyone?!  I can't wait! 

1 comment:

Paige Taylor Evans said...

That is crazy weather! Your comment about "Fall was on Wednesday" made me chuckle :)