Friday, December 6, 2013

Baby, it's cold outside

And inside and pretty much anywhere you can possibly think to be in the entire state of Colorado. 

It's is sooooo cold. I went tonight to pick up the hams and when I got out of the car, oh holy crap it was out of control how cold it was. I was inhaling through my nose and it was this weird sensation like a curtain was blowing back and forth. In my nostrils. That is a terrible description but really words can't express these things really well. 

Anyways...

When we went downstairs for breakfast this morning I started to give Abigail options of what she could have for breakfast (which are almost always met with "I don't want that" or "I don't like that") but she instantly perked up... "I want a sandwich and egg and pineapple like I had yesterday!"  Well, you better believe I indulged that request. As a kid, I wasn't a huge fan of eating. Actually, I'm still not for the most part. So I feel baby girl's pain of this necessary evil we call mealtime. She ate almost everything on her plate. It was a happy morning. 

Brady and I each got a bowl of oatmeal. Same amount for each of us but mine got brown sugar and cream. One of us downed the whole thing and the other did not. 

And because that wasn't enough, I topped the kid off with some pumpkin. No idea why I didn't think of this sooner but it's my new favorite baby food. I can't remember if I've written about it before but it's wonderful. It's healthy (because it's 100% pure pumpkin with no extra ingredients, and loaded with protein and fiber and a bunch of other good stuff) and it's already puréed and the perfect consistency (absolutely zero prep) and you can get it in a big can for a fraction of the cost of jarred baby foods, which is great when you have a kid like Brady that literally eats as much as an adult. So he gets a lot of pumpkin. And applesauce. And eggs. And everything else that i can get for less than $2 for at least 10 servings. 

This is what was left of my oatmeal. I have no appetite lately. Maybe because I'm barely nursing anymore?  Anyone else experience this?  Or it could just be a no appetite phase. Oh well, maybe the holidays will turn things around for me! 

This kid is climbing up the stairs at every chance and he is f a s t! He also loves climbing in this chair. He's pretty good about climbing out but he still falls a few times a day. We call those "learning experiences."

And check it out. Still cold. 

I fell like my body may never experience warmth again. Ever ever. 

No comments: