Sunday, December 1, 2013

Decorating for Christmas

I'm really terrible at blogging these days. I feel like it's a mix of having too much going on but also kind of getting stuck in the thick of thin things. Not that the things I do aren't worthwhile, but I feel like it just screws up my focus. I wrote a post a week or two about feeling too blessed and needing to do more. I loved the suggestions I got although I have to admit I'm already doing those things. But it's great. I would love suggestions from people on welcoming committee ideas.  It's a new concept for our ward so the job description is still being determined. We are mainly in charge of visits, welcome packets, a picture directory, and just meeting and sitting with every new member that moves into our ward. And doing spotlights for our ward bulletin board. Other little things but those are the bigs ones. I subbed today in primary, teaching the 9 year old class about handcart companies. I actually really enjoyed it. The kids really got it. And I love that they would ask questions and let me know when they didn't understand something or my explanation wasn't making sense. They now understand the concept of "perpetual" and the pros and cons of handcarts and wagons and a bunch of other things too.  I was worried about teaching such a downer lesson about people dying of starvation and exposure (now they also know what it means to "die of exposure") but it actually was an awesome lesson. Hopefully I'll be asked to sub for that class again sometime. We set up our Christmas village a week or so ago but today we got out the rest of our decorations. People around here don't waste time decorating for Christmas. Like people were setting up their trees in mid November. And our whole street has tons of lights on all the houses. Maybe because it snows and feels like winter. Anyways, we put up our random decorations and set up our trees. We need to get some non-ghetto decorations. Maybe next year though. 

Anyways, that was our day. I'm normally excited about Mondays but I've had my honey around for four days straight and I think having him at work tomorrow is going to be hard on me. 

Anyways, tis the season!

No comments: