Monday, December 9, 2013

Good deals and girl pants

This morning I took Abigail to Elle's house while Brady and I ran a few errands.  It took forever but then again, so does most everything I do. Anyways, I needed something from hobby lobby but that store brings out the ultra add in me and I wandered quite a bit. I don't regret it though because I found an awesome picture frame. It is dark and elaborate and very in my comfort zone. And it's huge. It's typically $170 but one of the corners is a tiny bit chipped (you won't be able to tell once it's hung) and so I got it for $9. Nine. Nueve. Ehh, I really can't think of how to say nine in any other languages. Just googled how to say nine is Spanish. Whoops... I totally though that was French when I typed it. Four years of highschool French and two years of highschool Spanish and a few more years of college French annnnnnd I can barely say "nine" and I'm not even sure what language I'm speaking. I'm sure my parents would be thrilled at that. And very non-surprised. Unfortunately. Anyways, I got an awesome huge frame for really cheap. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with it. I'm so horrible with decisions. 

When I picked up Abigail, my friend was making dinner (she's always making dinner at 2 in the afternoon because she has to pick kids up from school and take them to work and activities. So I was hanging out with her while she was making dinner. Apparently you can get this giant thing from Costco. Enough for 250 servings of chicken broth. For six dollars or something. What a cheap and space effective way to have chicken broth!  Sure beats storing 125 cans of it! I need to roam the aisles of Costco more often. 

I used one of those $10 kohls cards today but had a hard time finding any good deals on things worth buying. Maybe the kid section was just really disappointing. Or maybe my kids just already have all the clothes they need for the next year. Anyways, I sunk to a new low. I'm embarrassed to admit it and I debated not but I have no filter. I bought girls pants. For myself. And I bought myself a dress. A normal adult woman dress. 

But check out this picture. Do you see what I see?

I am not the not so proud owner of pants with internal elastic adjustable waists. 

When I was in California I wore sevens and joes and miss sixty. Now I buy clearance kids pants with an adjustable waist, using my $10 kohls card no less. Colorado is my "safe place" and I won't lie, I still regularly pray "and I'm so grateful I don't live in California anymore."  That whole state made me feel more insecure than my rich private school high school experience. Anyways, tangents. 

I walked into the playroom tonight and found this. Apparently honey got bored in here earlier. Also, of all the OCD between Abigail and myself, who would have guessed my honey would be the first to organize and color code our ball pit?!  

Brady's teeth are going to be the death of me. That kid was a monster today. And he only took a tiny little power nap today while we were running errands. And he spent a whole lot of tonight on my hip and/or crying and refusing to go to sleep. 

So glad this is happening right now. Hopefully he will get zero new teeth while we're in Atlanta. Especially while my parents are watching the kids. Maybe I'll leave money under my pillow for the tooth fairy with a note that says "stop bringing my kid new teeth for a while, the current ones will suffice until February."  That could work... Right? 

No comments: