Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Granny's got an iPad

This morning I walked in to get Abigail up and saw this. I'm really not sure what was going on here. 

Snow days are so amazing. They are like a stay in your pjs all day free pass of sorts. 

And with everyone staying home, I didn't have to worry about someone unexpectedly showing up at my door. Abigail wore fleece footies, Brady wore his green Santa pjs, and I split my day between my gray girls camp sweats and my favorite Costco yoga pants. I took this picture around 9. A few hours (and inches) later, you couldn't even tell where street, sidewalk, and grass were supposed to be. 

My precious grandmother just got an iPad a few days ago so I had to try out face timing her. It was so much fun!  Abigail and Brady both had turns but mostly I hogged the phone and hung out with granny myself. I gave her a tour of my house and our Christmas decorations and showed her the snowy view from almost every window (I'm sure this was a leeeeetle more than she bargained for but it was too fun not to) and Abigail loved showing off her playroom and a few of her favorite toys. We all had a blast. 

Including Brady. Who mostly just tried to grab at the phone but oh well. 

Granny had mentioned they were having good weather so when I got off the phone with her I checked the weather. Umm yes, looks good to me too!  

I wonder if it's still fall in Boston. Maybe people here put up Christmas decorations so soon because it's felt like winter for forever already. I don't know that granny can comprehend 5* weather. But I assure you that after shoveling our walkway, driveway, sidewalk, and our neighbors' walkway, driveway, and sidewalk, I knooooow 5*. I also wondered after I got done if there are health risks to my fingers being unprotected in the elements for an hour straight. Does anyone know?  Abigail periodically came out to help me but would then need to go inside to warm up for a while. She shoveled with a big pink sand shovel. What a great helper. 

I was having so much fun with Abigail today I had her skip naptime/crib time so we could keep playing. She was my buddy today. I wish she was my buddy everyday. But Jekyll and Hyde persist so I'll just keep savoring the good days. We had dance parties, shoveled snow, watched Mickey mouse, took showers, did some cleaning, read books, snuck Pringles, and just hung out. It was great. Now if only she would stop making Brady cry all the time. Any ideas for handling the "rule enforcer" child?  I need her to stop grabbing Brady every time he crawls to a drawer or open door but my explanations and requests aren't getting through. Someday, right?!

Also, lest you think it is easy to FaceTime someone on their 90's, I assure you t is not. But it is soooooooo worth it. Times a million. 

I love my grandparents so much. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like Granny loves her new iPad. And she’s like 90, right? It’s awesome of her to be techy. What’s there to not love with the iPad? She gets to video call her grandchild with Facetime and get to know the weather in an instant. Regards to you and your grandparents, Carrie! -- Christine, Snapfōn