Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving week

The week started like any other. Monday morning trash pickup. It was special though because we were around to see it. What a thrilling event for us all!

I put together Brady's birthday present car from Chris's parents. 

This is the typical car situation:

Tuesday I watched my neighbor's girls so she could do her thanksgiving shopping without them. Abigail and Lucy played dress up and did each others hair with the Minnie hair toys. 

I almost always let my hair dry (because it's Colorado and it only takes about four seconds) but occasionally round brush it. Apparently Abigail has observed and learned because she picked up that round brush and blow dryer and she had the coordination and timing down to a t. I was shocked and amused. 

We also made chocolate chip pumpkin spice cookies. Meanwhile, the 18month old fell asleep without me knowing. Once we got cookies in the oven the girls went to play in the great room. Then Lucy casually says "oh, Presley fell asleep."  WHAT?!?!  So I texted my neighbor and apologized profusely because I'm sure that wasn't optimal. She just laughed and said that was definitely a first. Ha. 


Brady eats like a maniac. Anything and everything. He is a bottomless pit. I go through phases of eating a lot or not eating much at all. Lately I'm in a never hungry and never remember to eat phase. And Abigail is constantly in a never wants to eat phase so Brady actually has been eating more than both of us combined. He also likes to hide zucchini in his hair. 

Part of the reason I don't blog as much is because I'm addicted to the Internet. I can grab my phone to post a quick picture, four hours later, it's 1 or 2 AM and I never even blogged anything. I just get distracted with stuff that doesn't matter. Even if it is 36 amusing onesies. 

This kid still drives me nuts. But I still love her sometimes too. I also tell Brady multiple times a day "never turn three, okay?  Just don't do it. PROMISE!"

Wednesday morning we finally chipped at some remaining snow and ice on our driveway. It was such a gorgeous day. 

That night we went to dinner and an avs game with my honey's whole family. The avs lost again. They've only lost six games this entire season (not sure how many home vs away) but somehow I've been to two of those games. Can I just get a win please?  It's not as much fun to go to a losing game. Ps- check out that make shift binky tether I made from a hair elastic. I left Brady's binky and tether in the carseat in the car (but carry a million spare binkies in my purse) and had to get creative after the millionth time Brady threw his binky on the floor. 

Both kids were wiped out and fell asleep on the way home. 


By Thursday Abigail was learning to share a little more and give Brady a chance with his car. He likes it. Just not as much as Abigail does. 

Abigail still loves showers. And her favorite thing after a bath or shower is still to just cuddle up in a towel. 

Sometimes in a towel in bed. 

We played with Minnie bows. We put them in each others hair. It was such a girl moment for us. 

Today at church in the valiant 9 primary class I subbed, one of the girls told me how cute Abigail was and how she had the best hair cut ever. And described it in detail and went on and on about how she's wants to get the same haircut right down to the bangs in front. I have to be amused at this because abigail has never actually had a hair cut. The bangs and layers are a product of the knots she used to twirl and that all of her hair has grown out the same length..  Hence "layers!"

The organizing continues. It feels really really good. 

(Oh yeah, I should mention, the only thanksgiving pictures I took are on my big camera, but have no fear, thanksgiving was great. We watched the Macy's day parade and hung out and i finished the book my Mother in law gave me on Sunday for my birthday, the letters in the jade dragon box, and i loved it. Super quick read. That afternoon we took family pictures for the christmas card and had dinner with the Hilliers and their set of missionaries. And then we had a ping pong tournament and one of the elders won it all). 

So Friday night we joined the Hilliers again for dinner at Texas Roadhouse and a performance at a theater here in Parker. It was the leahy family and they all play instruments and dance and the sisters all sing. It was very Branson-esque but really good too. 

It was mainly fiddle style music and French Canadian dancing (rebekah stork I was thinking of you the whole time!)

Saturday my honey took Abigail to a baptism and then ice skating with his brothers. 

Tell me this isn't the cutest little hipster ever. Who would have thought I loooooove dressing a boy?!

Check out those itty bitty skates. The smallest size they had was a seven. Just her size, and just her luck! 

Three uncles and a friend. She loves hanging out with these boys. 

My Christopher is the funnest person ever to skate with because he's so good and fast and can do all sorts of tricks like skating backwards and in circles and stuff. Despite all that, Christopher said baby girl's favorite part was just hanging out with everyone. 



Saturday night all the boys went to another avs game (won, in a shoot out) and my MIL and SIL and our kids and my MIL's friend all went out to August moon. Mmmmm. We ate family style. I ordered the walnut shrimp. It was divine as always. And it was everyone's first time thing the coconut creme brûlée. Two of my favorite things. Coconut and creme brûlée. Delish. 


And since it was December eve, I got the kids dressed up in their Christmas jammies.

There are few things cuter than a kid in Christmas jammies. It was a really really really good week. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's funny about Abby. I've told people many times that I'm a great and confident mom until 3 years old and then I want to give my kids away. I think that's when the parenting gets difficult. We've never experienced the terrible 2s, but 3 can be a hard age. They are only saved because they're so cute still!