Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Before and afters

They're my small victories around here and I have to take pictures for myself. Because who's not motivated by those?!

On Saturday, we went to a couple of Easter parties and Abigail was running around eating lots of treats and candy. Since honey and I were both taking turns watching her, neither of us were really noticing that she wasn't taking in a lot of real food. 

So promptly upon waking up Sunday morning, Abigail puked all over her bed. Happy Easter to me!  

I typically don't mind doing laundry, and even unpleasant laundry such as this. But the very worst part was that, since it was candy vomit, it was pretty much 100% artificial colors and food dye.  And since this was only an hour before church and all of us were still in our pjs (and I needed to prepare a lesson for Abigail's class I was subbing), I had limited time to take care of it all. Stubborn stains are one thing, but when it's covering enough stuff for four loads of laundry... That's a tricky situation. 

Well, it took me a day and a half, and Abigail's fitted sheet is kind of trashed, but I got everything washed and put back on her bed. Great since it kind if looked like a prison cot while I was getting all of her usual stuff washed. 



Seriously, so much laundry when you consider the pillow, pillowcase, euro sham, comforter, duvet, quilt, and fitted sheet. Absolute tender mercy that 90% of what would have landed on the pricey land of nod quilt landed on a library book instead. Don't worry, I thoroughly cleaned that up too with water and disinfectant wipes. Also such a blessing that the quilted sham was completely spared, as was the second euro sham... Because I'm still trying to stain treat the one... That somehow got hit on all sides?!  It's a mystery to me. 

Also tackled today... My bathroom countertop. Which has been a complete disaster for almost three weeks since I we got back from St. Thomas. Combination of my stuff dumped out after a trip, honeys stuff dumped out after multiple trips, and Brady pulling everything out of our cabinets and drawers which finally resulted in me just tossing everything on the countertops to deal with later. Such a mess. 


And now it's back to normal. And Abigail made her way into the shot. 

She actually made her way into oneof the   before shots too. Always with me. If my kids are awake, there's an 85% chance they will be within three feet of me at any given time. 

Brady woke up feeling crappy and had a nasty diaper to accompany him. He's got to be the worst teether ever. So slow getting those teeth. So he got a bath (which he screamed through) to get cleaned up. 

And then he just kept screaming non stop until we went downstairs and he saw me making headway on his morning oatmeal. 

Which he only ate part of. He was struggling. Lucky for him, he's got an awesome big sister that will give him suckers to help him feel better. I have no idea how she reached it or even got it unwrapped (those things are a beast), but I was in the process of laundry and bathroom organizing when I caught a view of this. All dripping down I is face and white shirt. Sigh. Deep breaths. 

Thankfully, she was super precious and adorable today. I was so exhausted this morning and I think she played by herself for 2-3 hours before I could finally get myself awake and out of bed. 

Today, I'm just really grateful that I was able to get so much accomplished around the house (small victories though they seem) while still enjoying and loving my children.

So it was a good day. 

No comments: