Saturday, April 26, 2014

My first win!

I've been to a number of avs games this season... And they've lost every single one. In previous seasons, it's been the opposite so this losing thing had me all our of sorts. And tonight was game five of the first round of the playoffs so I was stressing hardcore that they might lose. Well, they didn't. 

The first period came and went with no score. Then we got a short handed goal, but then the wild scored almost immediately after. And then we scored again and they scored again so it was still tied at two. Then they scored and we were down by one. And it was painfully stressful. In true avs fashion, Roy pulled the goalie with 2:15 to go. He probably would have pulled him earlier except that we were on the penalty kill. Well 60 seconds later we had the game tied again. And then our 18 year old, first round draft pick scored the game winning goal only 4 minutes into overtime. 

Normal games are fun and have a lot of cheering. This was out of control with my chest pounding for the entire game. But when the avs scored, the place erupted like crazy... Like at an Olympic event... It was that level. 

It was sooo exciting and so so so fun. But on the way home, I told honey that if it goes to game seven, I think it might be too much to handle and he can go without me. 






No comments: