Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Glorious Monday

Mondays are good to me. I'm not exactly sure why, but they pretty much always are. 

This morning, Abigail made me this surprise while I was getting dressed. She's really into hiding and having me find her, "wrapping" things up to give me presents, and making surprises for me. She is a sweet an thoughtful girl and when she plays pretend, she is very service oriented, making treats and gifts to share with Brady and me. 

Our playroom was so clean and inviting that we had to come in and trash it... I mean play in it. 

Trash day and recycling day! 

It's like Brady has just discovered that there is a world outside of the walls of our home and he is completely fascinated with it. The trash truck was cool but his preference is for birds, rabbits, and dogs. 


One of my more difficult challenges is balancing my OCD with being a mother. I want to have my kids happy and occupied but I'd prefer not to have my floor covered with candyland cards and Minnie matching tiles. But yet I feel like a terrible mother if Abigail watches more than her share of tv.  And books require 100% of my attention and often leave Brady feeling angry and neglected. So my current favorite thing to keep my baby girl occupied? CDs!  She's so good about turning one on when she's bored or if she's having a meltdown. This morning she was having a tantrum about something when I told her that she needed to do something to calm down. I left the room and she turned on her cd. Yesterday after church I told her I needed to take a nap while Brady was napping and that she could choose to nap with me or to play quietly in a different room of the house. I think she just listened to CDs the whole time and I was very grateful for my uninterrupted two hour nap. She takes care of me. Although it does give me teenager flash forwards (is there an actual name for this? What's the phrase I'm looking for?) to see her lounging in this chair, holding her cd cover while she listens to her songs. Her favorite right now is a strawberry shortcake cd. I won't lie, it's pretty catchy. 

This guy? I can't get enough of him. Except when he cries... It's so loud it gives me a headache within the first 60 seconds. I hate being prone to headaches and the fact that this guy's crying is such a constant trigger. But oh my goodness, he's so funny and so cute and I love little boy clothes. He has to have small pants and shorts but needs at least 18 month or 2T shirts because his belly is so enormous. 


He kept throwing tantrums and crying because he wanted to hold my phone. The thing that instantly made him stop was when I put Abigail's pink bunny slippers on him. He was in heaven. But when I got out my phone to take a picture of it, he remembered wanting my phone and restarted his tantrum... But with slippers. 

And repeat the being happy...

And then seeing my phone and crying. A major downside of taking pictures with a camera phone. I should have just gotten my big camera out instead. Speaking of, I got a new lens on amazon and it should arrive by the end of the week.  I'm insanely excited. Hopefully it's as amazing as the whole photography world says it is. 

Tonight my honey came home from work super early and we ate taco salads and headed out on a long walk/trip to a playground we never go to. The weather was perfection. We even did yard work when we got home before giving the kids baths and getting them to bed early. Really, Mondays are so good to me. 

No comments: