Monday, June 2, 2014

From bad to good

Friday night I couldn't fall asleep. Until like 2am or something. Saturday mornings was awakened at 6:40 and spent the next three hours in and out of some not very restful sleep. So I woke up tired and with a bad headache and even worse mood. 

Eventually though, I got some breakfast and a shower and Abigail and I headed to party on for a little birthday party. (Side note: we had to stop at target on the way to get gift and I ran into my friend and told her to reserve Abigail's spot for preschool. So now I'm committed. Strangely, I feel very at peace with this and completely excited for Abigail.)  when we got there, I had Abigail sit on the floor to take off her sandals and I threw her her socks to put on while I filled out the medical waiver. Next I looked and she was gone, so I assumed she'd already run in to join her friends. She's so social and whatever that I never expect her to even bother to say goodbye to me in these situations. But then my friend came out and was all "no, I never saw Abigail go in" and then her husband was like "oh, I saw her heading down the hall to that other party room."  The lady that worked there was like "well I'm sure she would've come out if she didn't recognize anyone" and I'm all "umm, not my kid."  So then my friend comes walking out with Abigail, having retrieved her from this other party. My heart immediately just melted and I got that semi sad feeling when I saw Abigail's face and realized she'd been afraid and was embarrassed. I gave her the option and she actually told me she wanted me to walk in with her to the bounce house party room where her friends were. Then she found a friend, gave her a crazy long hug, and never looked back at me. Short lived but I was glad it didn't faze her too long. I just want her to be happy and confident forever. So I left... But not before searching for and finding her sandals on the floor of that other party room. Ha. I wonder what those people thought. I went to Walmart to do some shopping  and when I came back, I found this. What a great look. 

We went to the wedding reception of my oldest laurel. And wrapped her gift in a bag we received at our own wedding seven years ago. It was sentimental for me. Like most things are. 

The reception was gorgeous. So perfectly quaint. Burlap and lace and mason jars and hydrangeas and twine wrapped antique floral cloth napkins. It made me wonder what i wasn't dressed in complete jane austen era clothing. I would have loved to have gotten more/better pictures. It was wonderful. 

This was our table. 

And the food was superb. 

It actually reminded me a lot of my brothers wedding reception. But his was in a big barn and this was more like an old school house. 

On the way home, Christopher and I drove through a few neighborhoods looking at homes. We're not planning to move in the near future but it's nice to look around and I always love when my honey and I talk about plans for our future together. And Abigail had passed out in her carseat so that part cooperated with our house hunting joyride. It was a lot of fun. I could do that all day. 

Abigail is a little furnace (she seriously is me... Just born 25 years later) so I have to sneak in her room at night and pull the covers off of her sweat drenched little body and move her soaked head to a dry space on her pillow. 

And of course I snuggle with her and tell her how much I love her. Because she's dead asleep and won't wake up for anything. What more perfect time to hold her close and stroke her hair? I mean, she's not really into that during the daytime. 

And then Jodi called while I was snuggling Abigail. She was bringing by my salad bowl and dressings and of course we stayed outside talking forever. Talking to Jodi is always so uplifting. But eventually I went back inside to snuggle Abigail some more before heading to bed. So really what started as a pretty miserable day, turned out to be so wonderfully happy. 

No comments: