Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Wednesday

The kids were so excited when I told them we were going to the pool. I got them lathered up and then decided to let that soak in while I went to my room to get myself lotioned and dressed. Well, Brady freaked out trying to get his diaper off while I was gone. When I came back, he frantically led me to the door, lest I had forgotten our initial pool plan. What a funny little coppertone baby.

The Mormon mom crew was there as usual which was tons of fun. And when that died down after noon, Jodi came and we sat and hung out while the kids played. I keep feeling like I should be watching more kids. But then I remind myself that I only have two. So tht makes things easy. And Abigail has arm floaties so she's happy to play in the baby pool or float in the big pool... Just doing her own thing. And Brady? He never leaves my side. Literally, I sit on the side of the baby pool with my feet in the water and he does the same (although his feet don't quite touch). Occasionally he'll sit in my lap, sometimes snuggling, and sometimes he just walks around me, just never strays more than a foot or two. When I get up to get snacks or a drink or check my phone, he just follows right along. I call him my little duckling. Anyways, it makes the pool really easy. And it's great. When Abigail was 12 and 24 months, I was constantly following her around the pool and on constant guard that she wouldn't crawl face first underwater in the baby pool. With Brady, he just stays right close to me. It's a nice perk.

But this girl?  So cute. She keeps telling me that she likes going to the pool so she can practice swimming in the big pool with no floaties. But then when I ask for clarification it's basically that she likes to swim with floaties so that eventually when she's as big as I am, she'll be able to swim by herself.

I think that's the gist of it.

We got home at 2 and the two neighborhood girls came running straight over. "Abigail!!! We've been waiting for you forever!  We kept ringing your doorbell like every five minutes!"  They played for almost two hours until Elle came to pick baby girl up to play at her house. Then she came home around six. And then the tantrums started. At first I was all "what?!  But we've been getting along so well today!"  And then the thought popped into my head, "I get along with Abigail so well when she's not around."  Ugh, this kid is totally me. Happy and agreeable with friends, rude and defiant at home. Sweet. 

I tried a new recipe tonight and I very highly recommend it. It's from allrecipes. I literally typed something wonderfully vague like "tortellini recipe" and clicked the first allrecipes link. It had almost five stars and almost 1000 reviews so I just made it. Didn't even read the reviews or scope alternative recipes. I almost never do that but I was in such a hurry since I'd already gotten Chris's 20 minute text. Anyways, it's some creamy tomato spinach recipe and it was insanely quick and easy. Seriously. I didn't have cream so instead of the 3/4 cup it called for, I used the 4-5 ounces of cream cheese I already had open in the fridge. Everything else was following the recipe. Except that I actually forgot to add the Parmesan cheese. Whoops. I had some fresh spinach that I'd thrown in the freezer several weeks ago. I'd spread it thin before freezing it, so I actually just crumbled it in the bag and didn't even have to chop it or anything. I'm super lazy so I appreciate shortcuts like that more than I should. Also, I kept my sauce separate. Because I prefer that when dishing up dinner. 

Honey had a presidency meeting and basketball at the church. I was lazy and played on my computer forever while the kids wandered and played in the great room with me. We had a crazy lightening and hail storm around 8:30 that actually had me worried for a bit. And I sang to Brady tonight before bed which resulted in him crying when I finally put him in his crib. That boy sure loves to be sung to. 

Honey and I watched an episode of impractical jokers on the sofa when he got home. Lately I've been loving that show and loving watching tv in the great room (as opposed to in our bedroom before we go to sleep). Anyways, it was a marvelous day and I even got laundry and dishes and stuff like that done and haven't been feeling my travel anxiety too deeply. 

Now I'm just trying to get myself pumped for packing and a road trip and a whole lot of fun in Utah with my parents!!!  It's gonna be amazing. 

No comments: