Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Tuesday

Chase came over at 8:45. Super early for me but I set my alarm and showered and got dressed first so it actually made me feel like I had a head start on the dy instead of the day having a head start on me. After he left, we went to the library to return some things. Mainly because I had a book that was overdue because I never got around to reading it. 

On my way to and from the library, I picked up a hocking backpack (the kind you put a baby in) and an ergo. So now we're all set for hiking at the cabin. I tried Abigail in the ergo since that'll be her ride. She thought it was great. 

Meanwhile, Brady found chase's sippy that I'd searched high and low for when kylee had come earlier to get chase. Now we'll never know where it had been. But glad to have it located since it was full of milk! 

Surprise surprise, Brady wasn't a fan of the ergo. I didn't try him in the backpack but I'm guessing it will be similar. Lets say some prayers that he'll cooperate for some hiking next week! 

Brady likes shoes. He likes when everyone is wearing shoes (likely because it normally means we are about to go outside) but also enjoys playing with shoes. I remember Abigail had a shoe fetish around this age too. Anyways, while Abigail was at Lucy's house (for multiple hours... I told her dad I was going to have to start paying him for childcare) I continually assisted Brady with these purple fairy slippers. 

And read this book. The one that was overdue that I meant to return. Because I came home and found is left it on my nightstand. So I'll be paying some late fees. But the positive side is that I'm a pretty quick reader and was able to speed read the whole thing (well, the parts applicable to me. Because apparently Abigail is a type 1... So the rest wasn't necessary. 

Brady is the cutest ever. He loves praying. Even if I just say the word... Like "yeah Abigail, I said a prayer this morning for breakfast" then he'll automatically fold his arms. He's so quick and now it's like a game to me if I say prayer in a different context, then I immediately glance to him to see if he heard and is already folding his arms. Like this:

Like I said in a previous post, he grabs the middle of one forearm. Most often the middle but frequently just above the wrist. In these pictures it's actually strange that he's so close to his elbow. Regardless, it's always so cute. 

Also, I love his legs. 

I'm so obsessed with this kid these days. 18 months is the best age ever. And it's great to know that I'll likely love him for at least another year because I like 2's too. 

Christopher and I had so much fun hanging out tonight. Eating tacos and just talking about kids and whatever and then hanging out in the yard while he weeded and I texted and just being together. It's amazing to me how sweet and easy our home life is when work for him isn't as horribly hectic and stressful as it usually is. This is the least busy time of year for him and it totally shows. 

I love it. 

No comments: