Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunday

We actually got to church before it started! 

Yesterday was the first day I've pulled Abigail's hair half up and that's what she requested this morning when I was dressing her for church. Who, from my childhood, is really loving this right now?!  For the record, I used no product. Especially not the kind with the same name as a certain animal with antlers. 

This guy is precious. And lucky for us, he adores snuggling. 

And he adores his dad. 

After church, I asked Abigail to stand on the carpet so I could take a quick picture of her. She instantly started crying and throwing herself on the floor. Drama much? When I told she'd be happy if she just listened, she gave me this. What a gem. 

Eventually though, she lost her balance and fell down. Which was apparently hilarious because then life was fun and happy again. 

See? Thank goodness for minor falls. 

Three of us took a nap while Abigail played/trashed the house. Then when she heard Brady wake up, she went in and read stories to him/demolished his room. It's all worth it though. And I'm getting faster at cleaning up. 

We dropped off a slice of cake for my friend's birthday today and a Pocahontas cd at the library and then headed to the Hilliers for Kelsey's birthday dinner. She turned 25. We got seven candles and spaced them appropriately. Instead of cake we had rice Krispy ice cream sandwiches. Tell me you've made them before... They're delicious! 

I told Abigail I wanted to take a picture of how pretty she was and she was all for it. A little too enthusiastic actually. 

But she was sweet and happy and I'm needing to do a better job of capturing those sweet and simple moments.

The ones that really aren't emotionally charged in either direction. I would love to insert myself into this picture just as I would into a happy easy read of a book.  

And because I have a short attention span and fear of commitment/failure, I'm going to try to focus on this:

One day at a time. For hopefully a week. 

Also, speaking of beholding...

Brady has, just within the last week or two, started consistently folding his arms for prayer. He crosses his arms and holds onto one wrist. Abigail used to clasp her hands to pray, so it's especially cute to see Brady's own little version. Especially when he folds his arms while holding onto a ball and then, during the prayer, throws it, folds his arms while he retrieves it, half folds his arms while he picks it up, and then repeats. Seriously adorable. Also, he loves when Abigail says scriptures for him at night. He always does his little laugh that means "yes" when we ask if he wants to hear one. 

Abigail is really into princesses and "beautiful."  As illustrated by these quotes I recorded earlier today...

6.1.14 (as I find Abigail in her closet pulling up her undies) "hey,  what're you up to in here?" "Oh, just gettin' beautiful."

(Picking out clothes) repeatedly... "no, I don't want that. It's not beautiful. I need to look beautiful."

Driving into the church parking lot to pick up Christopher from a meeting after church "we can look for friends that are as pretty as I am." (later told daddy... "We didn't find any.")

And this was all within the space of about ten minutes. Should I be worried? 

1 comment:

Diana C. said...

SO the quote you have about beholding little ones... i totally read that yesterday.... It was the article that I read to omar in spanish trying to improve my spanish... i know a weird one for me to read because i dont have kids yet, but it was still a really great article