Saturday, June 21, 2014

Last day at 29

Today I took not a single picture. Literally not even one. 

But we did have a really fun and busy day. We woke up early for a byu scholarship fundraiser 5k. Chris pushed the stroller the whole way so it was easier for me to run. I still didn't enjoy it. Running is not my thing. 

On our way home, we drove past a million and one garage sales. We rolled down our window like a drive through. We got a child size outdoor bench from the first house we stopped at. Unlike all the others, theirs was a moving sale. That's where it's at. We didn't see anything we needed but Chris asked if they had a bench. They're all ummm, we've got this one on our front porch. Then they all had a quick conversation like "no, I wasn't planning on selling it, but I don't need it. We're you wanting to keep it? Okay then."  And then the lady said "how much?" Chris made her name a price and then countered with half. We got a cute bench for $5. Really the experience was the best part. 

After we got home, Abigail played in the sprinklers with the neighbor girls while Chris and I washed my car and Brady watched from the stroller. 

Honey put Brady down for nap while I mowed the lawn. Then Abigail and honey and I watched World Cup and impractical jokers. I'm in love with that show. It literally makes me laugh out loud. 

At four, we had the elders quorum BBQ at our neighborhood park. Brady and I went late since he was napping but we still hung out for over two hours. The food was delicious and there was even a bounce house for the kids. 

We went straight from the BBQ to the hackings for some AMAZING German chocolate cake and ice cream for a little b-day celebration for Johnny. We love the hackings and had a lot of fun meeting and hanging out with their other friends there. Also, Brady loooooved coco the dog. I won't lie, I actually did too. Best dog ever. 

And since Saturday is the day we get ready for Sunday, we filled the car with gas and returned some library books on our way home. Now I've just got to prepare my sunbeam lesson for tomorrow since I'm subbing again for a teacher training they've got going on. At least it's Abigail's class. 

And tomorrow is supposed to be Brady's first Sunday in nursery. I don't have high hopes for him but the optimist in me is crossing my fingers for a happy kid. Wish us luck. 

Also, I'm super excited for honey's birthday tomorrow!!!

No comments: