Monday, June 2, 2014

Granny and Papa's 67th

My grandparents recently celebrated their 67th wedding anniversary. I can't even wrap my head around what it would be like to be married to someone for that long. Chris and I just celebrated our 7th anniversary in may so they've got a whole 60 years on us. I asked my grandmother what advice she'd give me about marriage. I should have written it down that very day because while I can remember the basic essence of what she told me, the only real quote I remember is about not running to someone else's bed. Which is still definitely valuable advice to follow. ; )

Anyways, she kept telling me about how she's always felt comfort with papa, I think in terms of him always being there for her. She told me that while they've disagreed before, they've never had anything so big, it couldn't be resolved. She had only sweet things to tell me about her precious sweetheart. About his humility and the safety she's felt with him. 

At this time in my grandparents' marriage, it is my grandmother that takes care of my grandfather. There is no doubt for me that she considers this a huge honor for her and she does it with her whole heart. 

I could go on but I've gotta stop. I just wanted to record a few thoughts from that  conversation last week. I hope my marriage can be even half of what theirs is. They are truly an inspiration to me. 

No comments: