Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I'm at girls camp!

The camp cooks really do have the most fun.

I went to bed after 1 and woke up at 5. Heather and Tina came at 6:15 and we were on the road by 6:30. We made it to the rye meeting spot a full thirty minutes early. Way before everyone else. We won!  We had so much fun visiting together on the way down. 

Getting to camp was good. I was (and, lets me honest, still am) nervous about being on the cook committee considering my lack of skills or love of cooking. But I've been able to contribute in other ways without a problem. My master organizing skills were awesome when unloading all of the food into the fridges and freezers and pantry space. I'm the official dishes girl. I'm taking care of the system we're using to minimize the amount of space the trash takes up and I even organized recycling and have educated the other cooks on how to recycle. And tonight, I manned the grill flipping and seasoning burgers and I was really good at precisely laying the graham crackers for tomorrow nights chocolate eclair dessert. It's been busy but never hectic. There's always a job if you look for one and take initiative but we're not shouting orders at each other or barking assignments. Our leader is so calm and soft spoken, peaceful and in control. It's been so relaxed and fun. And the food is outstanding. I'm going to gain so much weight this week. 




I really miss my honey. And baby girl and Brady. But I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be here. It's just really amazing already and I can't wait for the rest of the week. 

No comments: