Thursday, April 30, 2015

Life while pregnant

Here's a bit of my day today. 

After our morning bowls of cereal, Abigail climbed in bed with me to read. Our current book is James and the giant peach. Something made her think of her birthday, so she asked me for the millionth time (since she turned four) how many days there were until her birthday. I normally just estimate, but this time I asked Google to help me. Only 76 days left? Abigail was very impressed. 

Our library doesn't have a James and the giant peach picture book (I was hoping Abigail could look at those pictures while I read from the chapter book), so I periodically recap what's happening and sometimes Google an illustration or two. I swear my phone sometimes helps me parent better. Sometimes. 

I tried to do yard work this morning while the kids played. I got maybe 20 or 30 minutes into it (moving slowly and not getting a lot done) before I was having trouble breathing and I was seeing spots and feeling super nauseous and lightheaded. Apparently it's not a good idea to do yard work in the heat at 35 weeks pregnant. So I took the kids to jodi's and we hung out on her lawn while all the kids played (she was watching the smith kids all day) 

We came home and had a picnic lunch and nap/quiet time. Then Abigail went to play at Lucy's and eventually Brady woke up from nap and we played outside. Abigail came home and I took the kids upstairs for bath and pjs. And then, just to be crazy, we decided to have a frozen movie party. 

And I cleaned the kitchen and did a load of laundry. 

But man, my body is feeling pregnant. Or maybe just aged and disabled. Same thing? 

No comments: