Thursday, April 2, 2015

"I wanna sing a song please, mommy"

i'd put a springtime max and ruby dvd on for the kids and then settled in my bed with my laptop to write my 31 week pregnancy post.  i was most of the way through it when brady opened the door to my bedroom.

hanging on the door handle, he said, with his sweet toddler voice "i wanna sing a song please mommy..."
me: "what?  right now?  what song do you want to sing?"
brady; "i'm a child of god"
me: "okay, come on over and snuggle up with me then."
so he ran over and i lifted him up, heaved him over my belly, and put my arm around him while he snuggled up to my belly and laid his head on my chest."

and then i sang.  i sang 'i am a child of god' and had barely finished when he instantly requested 'jesus sunbeam' so i sang that.  and then it was over.  he was all done.

"brady, should we sing another song?"
"no."
"what song do you want to sing?  i am a child of god again?"

but nope... he was finished.

that is the epitome of short and sweet.  after all the crying he's done today and him pulling abigail's hair in the car (and not letting go forever) on our way back from the airport and crying through nap tie instead of actually sleeping... it was much appreciated.





my sweetest little boy.

No comments: