Friday, April 24, 2015

Soul surfer

Abigail had a fun and eventful day today. We had our usual morning of hanging out and eating breakfast and then at 11, Klaudette came and picked her up to see ivy and bean at the Parker theater and then go out to lunch afterward... Meanwhile, Lucy and Presley came over at 11 and played with brady til close to 1 when brady got lunch and a nap... So then Abigail got home at 2:30 and played at Lucy and Presley's until 3 when I woke brady up and got both kids in the car for Elle's birthday party. It was really fun and there were a million kids all getting along great and playing games together. Everyone got a prize for winning a game. There was an extra paper doll set leftover and we were the last ones to leave... An hour after the party ended because Jodi and I were talking and I haven't seen her in forever... so Abigail got to take it home as an extra party favor. We all had taco soup for dinner and then spent a few minutes playing paper dolls before heading up to bed. 

The kids were playing well with the paper dolls while I cleaned up dishes for a few minutes and then Abigail told me that a wand had ripped, and a bow, and one of the doll's arms. 

When I saw the doll's arm, I literally laughed at loud at how perfect it was. It was the blonde Caucasian doll that happened to be wearing a bikini and have her long hair in a ponytail. And it was her at her arm right above the elbow. 

Soul surfer anyone?

Tell me you love it as much as I do... You do, right?!

*my mother in law is so wonderful. She got Abigail the first ivy and bean book for Christmas along with tickets to see the play at our local theater... In April. So Abigail has been pumped about it for a looooong time. My MIL called me in a mini panic two weeks ago saying that she realized she'd made a mistake booking her plane ticket for a wedding and that she wouldn't get back in to Colorado until a few hours after the play. Umm, y'know what she did? She ended up just buying a brand new ticket so that she would arrive a few hours earlier and be able to take Abigail to ivy and bean. I thought that was amazingly precious. I truly lucked out in the in law department. I'm so grateful my kids have so many sets of incredible grandparents. 

No comments: