Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Abigail was good!

The pictures don't reflect it because I wasn't focused on taking pictures, but today, Abigail was wonderful! Like super super wonderful. She actually got herself dressed before school without daydreaming a million times in thirty minutes. And she helped Brady with a puzzle before school. She picked out my favorite Jean jacket of hers because she wanted to make me happy (I had her wear her pink fleece instead because it was going to be kinda cool today). And just in general was really pleasant and eager to do what she was supposed to. 

After school (especially the first 30-60 minutes) is typically horrible, but today was great. In the car on the way home, she devized a plan (getting input from Brady and me) of what we should all do after our "first things" and when we got home, she was mature and responsible about everything instead of crying and lashing out. It was AMAZING. The kids watched Angelina ballerina and did the Thomas puzzle more and played around a bit. Honey got home super early around 2:45 and took the kids outside to play since I was busy doing laundry and dishes and putting Elizabeth down for nap and making dinner (because stuffed peppers takes so long that you'd better get started by 2:30 if you want to eat at a decent time). I know he was checking emails and stuff the whole time because the work day was still going on, but the kids were thrilled and it helped me not feel so guilty about ignoring them so much. 

Elizabeth is a gem. So adorable and happy. She's been doing this thing for the last 24 hours where she only eats for a minute and then just coos up at me over and over while we "talk" and love each other. Kinda annoying since I'd like her to just eat more. But holy cow it's even better than making her laugh. It's the cutest thing ever. 



Dinner was ready by 4:45 and we were eating by five. I used to think that was a ridiculously early time to eat, but with slow poke kids that wake up during the night, it's just the best time for dinner. 

That way we have plenty of time to eat, a little time to play/clean up, and plenty of time for our bedtime routine and books and the kids can still be in bed with the lights out by seven. Which is also ridiculously early, but Abigail has been waking up during the night and is crazy tired every morning so this is the best I can do for her right now. She was asleep tonight the moment her head hit the pillow and Brady fell asleep just a few minutes later. 

Abigail put the puzzle like this and helps Brady through connecting the pieces. They each have their own strengths. By this age, Abigail could complete any 24 piece puzzle conpletely by herself. Brady can't figure out how two matching pieces can fit together correctly. ; ) But Abigail is determined to help him learn and I appreciate it. 

He's so silly. 




They've been liking sleeping together. Also, I've stopped putting a diaper on Brady at night (he's been waking up dry for at least a month now) and having him on the crib mattress instead of our guest bed makes me feel better. 

I'm so over the constant dishes and cleaning and laundry. Also the muscle aches in my whole entire back and neck and shoulders. My body is aging too fast. Since I only have twenty something days left of being a twenty something. ; ) 

No comments: