Sunday, October 18, 2015

Emmy's baby and a loooong night

Thursday 10.15.15

I hung around the house all morning, crazy attached to my phone and waiting for news about Emma's induction. Then I did the same thing all afternoon but with news about her baby. ; ) 

By late afternoon, I had to start being responsible (just a little) and start dinner early with the kids so we could start bedtime early so that honey could get to bed early. He needed to wake up at 2:45am to go to Wyoming so he'd wanted to drive there the night before. I'd told him about Kelsey's baby shower and promised that if he stayed home to watch the kids, I would have them in bed at 7pm and he could go to bed early and get some sleep. 

I left the house with all kids awake but in bed and got to the shower only 20 or so minutes late. Although half way there, chris texted me that the kids were both crying for me. And an hour later texted me that Elizabeth woke up (which is sooooo rare to happen anytime before 2am) but all things were solved with cuddles (for the first two) and a bibjy(for the babe). 

The shower was fun. It was at kneaders and I spent the majority of the time talking to my mother in law since we were sitting next to each other. I never get enough of her. 

After the shower I went by Walmart to get groceries. I spent way too much money with impulse buys and yet more money buying tons of food because I got a renewed motivation to cook (since the sun sets earlier and it's getting colder). 

I got home by midnight or something since I always go extra leisurely when I don't have kids. I'd put away most all the groceries when I heard Elizabeth (again, unusual) so I went upstairs and texted me while I nursed Elizabeth. Then Emmy called me because she was awake. So I sat in Elizabeth's closet to talk to Emmy (because I didn't want our conversation to wake chris up since the monitor was on in our room) and then kept talking to Emmy (in Abigail'a room because she's a deep sleeper and doesn't wake up) after I put Elizabeth back in her crib. So that was an hour of bliss. I'm so excited for Emmy. I was wired (because I get that way at night) and couldn't fall asleep til 2am. At 2:40, Brady was at the top of the stairs calling out to chris... "Daddy!!! Daddy!!!" like he normally does to me. Chris was all "is he saying daddy?!?!" And was excited to go up to help him. He said he'd rescheduled his first meeting so he could sleep til 3:30, but Brady kinda killed that. But it meant that Christopher could sit with him for 20 minutes or so. Brady was still awake at the end of it so Christopher said "do you want me to get mommy for you?" And Brady apparently whipped his head around all "mommy's here?!?!?!"  Ha. But he fell asleep and Christopher never woke me. But I was up by 4:15 with Elizabeth (man, roughy night for her!) and then Abigail was awake in her room when I checked on her ("I'm closing my eyes and trying to fall back asleep").  After I fed Elizabeth and put her back in her crib then I hung out with Abigail for a few minutes although she was still awake when I left. I got back in my bed by 5 I think and hadn't really fallen asleep when Brady woke up at 5:30. I couldn't get him back to sleep after 20 minutes and told him that I was going back to my bed. He was still wide awake and didn't like that so I told him he could sleep on Abigail's sofa. As we walked in there I wondered if Abigail had ever fallen back asleep. As we walk in the room with Brady's blankets, per head "so that's how Brady always gets into my room at night!" So I left Brady and Abigail in Abigail's room, both wide-awake.… And went back to my bed. I can't remember what time I was up for the day, but, I'm sure you're shocked, I didn't feel too rested. ; )

No comments: