Monday, October 12, 2015

just take my money

when i had elizabeth, i got a bunch of target gift cards from generous friends and family.  this is great except that i don't really shop at target so i have to make a concerted effort to use my gift cards.  today i went to target to get an item that i needed that walmart doesn't offer and that i can get at vitamin cottage, but for a lot more money.  perfect reason to use a target gift card!  so i took all three kids in the store with me to find out that my parker store (actually most of their stores) don't have it in the store... just online.  oh well, i'll just order it online and have to wait for it to be shipped.

i got on my computer to order it and put it in my cart.  it was $24.57 and i could ship it to the store for free... or add something cheap to my cart so i could qualify for the $25 free home delivery.  so i went to add a $1 elf mascara to my cart but the target.com page wouldn't open.  the address bar said i was at the right page, but the page was just blank and white.  ugh.  that happened with a million other things online that i tried to load.  can i please just add a $1 item to my cart?!?

i finally gave up.  whatever, i'll just use my phone instead.  so i added my main item to my cart and my $1 mascara and entered in the card numbers and pin numbers for two gift cards.  then, trying to actually checkout, it wouldn't go through, fiddling around with it erased my payment info so i entered in the gift card information again (for the two cards) and clicked "review order" and then "checkout" and then "review order" and "checkout" and on and on.  it just kept looping me through.  apparently target.com sucks no matter what device you're using to access it.  at this point i was almost screaming to my computer because what other options do i have?  i can't buy it in the store or on my laptop or on my iphone.  i find a customer support number online and call it.  i give the impossible to understand indian guy my cart number and request that he just submit my order for me.  "okay, i just need to review this information with you so you can confirm that it is accurate."  but he's quoting me a price $6 more than it should be so i tell him there should be no shipping charge.  "well, if you spend $25 then you get free shipping."  "yes, i know.  my items are $24.57 and $1 and when i had my order pulled up, it confirmed that the shipping charge was waived."  "okay, i will waive your shipping charge for you... is everything else about your order okay?"

so i got off the phone with him and immediately got an email about my order and that my shipping charge was "refunded" to me.  still confused why it wouldn't just ring up like it should, i looked closer at the email.  somehow my $1 mascara had been dropped from my order so it was just the $24.57 (which explains why the guy on the phone was going to charge me shipping and had to waive the fee manually).  well, wonderful... my item will be shipped to my house free of charge (as it was supposed to) but i can't help but think... "how annoying would this be if i had actually wanted that $1 mascara that randomly disappeared from my order and i had to do this all over again?!?!"

target, you more than just a little suck.  i tried to give you my money in person, on my laptop, on my iphone, and on my phone through customer service... and you still dropped part of my order, therefore charging me less than what should have been the case.

i swear, it has never been so hard to get someone to JUST TAKE MY MONEY.

that was the longest process of my life.

No comments: