Friday, October 2, 2015

Staying busy

9.30.15

Abigail woke me up at 7:30 this morning. That never happens. So I thought to myself "great! There's no way we can be late to school when we have an hour and a half just to get dressed and eat!"  So I sent Abigail up to get dressed. In true Abigail fashion, she came back downstairs a while later still in pjs and a diaper. "Mom, I laid out four outfits so you can pick which one you like best" ... Even though I already told her five times to wear whatever she wanted. I told her what outfit I chose while she kept trying to convince me of another. I finally left. Later, she came down in the outfit of her choice. Typical. 

Brady came downstairs in his pjs, having already gone potty and put on his diaper again.

The kids had banana muffins and oatmeal for breakfast and I got a shower and Abigail was on time. And for good behavior, the kids got to watch a days of the week video on my phone while they ate. So, all of that was a success... And infinitely better than yesterday morning which sucked super duper hardcore. 

After we dropped Abigail off, I fed Elizabeth and got her dressed and then Brady pooped riiiight as my visiting teaching meeting was supposed to start (which is funny because this happened last time too) so I greeted YeunNam and Syndee and then ran back upstairs to finish business. We had an awesome visiting teaching meeting. Probably my favorite ever. Minimal changes (and they came easily) and more time at refining how to streamline visiting teaching and reporting. 

So when they left, we took off for the playground to meet up with friends. It was so fun. When I arrived, I saw Sarah, Charees, Kristin, and Kelli and I couldn't help but exclaim "it's all my favorite people!!!" Thy laughed but it's true. Such a fun group. Especially when Andrea came just a bit later. 

How cute is she with these girls? Her daughter has a baby obsession and kept trying to share pretzels with Elizabeth. 

And put her arm around her. 

And Andrea, like most everyone else that sees and holds Elizabeth, was all "Carrie, she's perfect! Is she always this perfect?!"  Yes. Yes, she is. ; )  she does cry sometimes but holy cow it's just the cutest cry so I love that too. 

Brady and I read books. Can you tell that he picked them out? I mean, I got them from the library (because searching "hockey" and then putting it all on hold is kinda fun), but he picked out which books he wanted to read. 

He also loves that my phone vibrates every time he guesses the password incorrectly. 

Y'all, this is such an exciting day to go down in history! We got our built in microwave fixed! It has been broken since before we moved into the house and we've just used a cheap white microwave that we keep on the counter next to the fridge. I kept doing back and forth between "why has it been over four years and we've never gotten this fixed?!" and "oh yeah. It's probably because I don't want to spend over $150 just for labor to fix a microwave."  But, we bit the bullet and I'm already loving my extra counter space and that I can keep my blender plugged in. Maybe pictures to come tomorrow. Also, this guy was so insanely polite and great. Bonus that he was even 30 minutes early and took a credit card instead of requiring a check. I haaaaate writing checks. 

We read some more books. 

And the kids actually played in the playroom. We've been having issues (well, Abigail) about the playroom. Because one kid thinks the room is a one time use thing. "I don't want to play in there. It's messy. Did you clean it?"  Oh please, I've given you an entire room of our house completely full of toys... and you don't want to play in it. Awesome. 

Anyway, I banished kids to the playroom while our microwave was being fixed. And they actually played. They're liking their train stuff more now since they just went to Thomas two weeks ago. 


Brady brought more books. Not that we even finished the other pile. Or this one. Did I mention the day was busy? We were busy. 

Also, the weather has been glorious. Fall is going to start on Friday. 

Sometimes we forget about this little miss and find her slooooooowly sliding over. She's adorable beyond words. 

Honey came home at six. We ate randomness for dinner. The kids took forever to fall asleep. 

Also, should you need a smile today, Brady tooted while we were hanging out and informed me that he had a burp in his bum. 

That kid. 

No comments: