Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Primary temple trip

10.14.15

This morning was the primary temple trip. The tour wasn't too engaging for the young kids, but there must have been something they loved about the temple because they both reeeeally wanted to stay longer. 

Brady is so cute to watch. He's very observant of people around him and likes to distance himself a bit to observe everyone else. 

He also looked for patches of shade because it was HOT. 

Abigail is so insanely social. 

This guy cracks me up. 

All the time. 

Forever. 

Sometimes I look at her and I'm all "you're a girl! When did you grow up?!?!" 

She's just this silly little person. 

And I think she's so beautiful. 

Brady loved the bookmark he got at the end of the tour. 

Elizabeth has started making funny faces in the past two days. No idea where it came from but she pouts out her bottom lip and also sticks out her tongue. 

And continues smiling. 


I'm teaching her about the art of selfies. 

Has anyone else noticed how she does he arm thing that Brady does? I forgot to give her her reflux medicine today and noticed her doing her arm like this. Could be a coincidence and maybe she does it all the time, but it made me feel bad that maybe she was doing it because I didn't give her her Zantac. Whoops. 


I fixed her arm though. 

And then made her smile for me to let me know that she forgives me. 

Abigail helped Brady undo the buttons on his shirt tonight when it was time to get pjs on. I love their matching hair in this picture. 

Also, like their apologizing hugs, this situation lacked some balance from Brady (my opinion is that it was semi on purpose) and they tipped over. ; ) 

And then Brady picked out these pjs because he wanted the ones with the boat.  And he asked me if he broke his pjs shorts. He's always keeping me laughing. 

Always. 

Other notables:

I talked to Em for almost two hours today. SHE'S HAVING A BABY TOMORROW!! 

After that, I put Elizabeth down for a nap and talked to mom for an hour. Mostly about how excited I was that EM IS HAVING A BABY TOMORROW!!!

The kids watched a lot of curious George because I forgot it was the dvd with a million episodes on it and I kept waiting for it to end. It didn't end. Finally I just turned it off and took the kids outside. By that point, they had overdosed on tv and were excited to do something different. 

Even though the house was messy with just random stuff like blankets and stuff, we left it there and went outside to play and ride around the block. I literally was giddy that I legit didn't care about the mess in the great room. I wish I could always not care, but I'll take it as it comes... It was glorious. We took our leftovers from our temple picnic and ate on the driveway while we played. I left my phone inside (let's be honest, to charge, because after three hours of talking it was almost dead) and loved just enjoying the weather, people watching our neighbors all walk their dogs and get the mail, and laughing at my kids. So, we had goldfish, granola bars, banana muffins, and snap pea crisps (which is Abigail's newest favorite food) for dinner while I sat in my lawn chair. We rode around the block and played until honey got home and then he went around the block with them again while I got peas and spaghetti for dinner. Eventually Elizabeth woke up and honey and the kids cleaned up and came upstairs for us to all do bedtime. It was really great. Minus that little part where honey told me his nerve can't handle when I burst out yelling at our kids. ; )  whoops. I told him that I'll try not to do that when he's home and instead I'll just turn the situation over to him whenever our kids aren't listening. Win win. We'll have to see if that works. But other than that little part, the night was excellent. I can't believe that tomorrow is already Thursday. Fall break is flying by! 

I really like raisin bran lately. With whole milk of course. 

No comments: