Friday, October 23, 2015

When fall comes...

Y'all, tonight marks the third night in a row that I will have made dinner (it's in the crock pot right now) which is probably more times than what I made dinner all summer long. ; ) cooking during the summer seems like such a waste of time because I'd rather be outside or at the pool even if it means eating sandwiches and grapes or smoothies or cereal for dinner again. But, we've been having fall weather over here this week and I've been all about staying inside and actually making food to eat. Tonight we're having the six sisters crock pot lasagna. Last night was beef teriyaki bowls with rice and stir fry veggies. And the night before was cream cheese chicken taquitos (http://lecremedelacrumb.com/2014/05/slow-cooker-cream-cheese-chicken-taquitos.html)  and asperagus. I'm on a roll!  Although maybe it helps that at least part of every meal has used the crock pot. So I just keep it out and clean it up and load it with more food to cook. ; ) It's working well for us. 

Anyone have any awesome and easy recipes I should try? 

Here's my newest favorite... It's amazing... http://www.butterwithasideofbread.com/2015/05/garden-zucchini-chowder.html

No comments: