Monday, October 26, 2015

What am I busy doing?!

How am I so busy all day and I get to the end and wonder what on earth I've been up to all day?!  

Today I took Abigail to school and then played cars with Brady and did some laundry because Elizabeth slept in til 10:30 or something. We brought Greta home from school with us because I wanted to be a nice mom and provide a friend for Abigail. The kids all played and we made banana muffins and read books. Greta left around 4 and then all hell broke loose because I asked Abigail to put a book away. Abigail continued to be a ticking and exploding time bomb for the next few hours. I actually fed the kids at 5:30 and had us upstairs to start our bedtime routine by 6. Abigail has been having some insomnia and was awake last night for at least an hour and a half.  And she's a beast when she's tired so I think that was the main reason she was so horrible this afternoon. But still. She even smeared a gob of soap on Brady's head because he "didn't put the soap back in the right spot."  The phrase of the day was "you're the meanest mom ever!!!" with the runner up phrase being "if you don't _____, then I'll hit you!" Out of control. But, the plus side of this (because it's been happening a fair amount) is that Brady sees first hand what not to do and how sad and angry Abigail gets when she doesn't listen but still wants rewards... So he is really good about making good choices and then asking for things he wants. He's a little energetic bundle of enthusiasm. My favorite thing he said yesterday was "mom! Elizabeth's awake! Yeay! Let's go upstairs and make her SMILE!!! Woohoo!" I wish I could type it out in his voice. Special emphasis on smile. Ha. 

Anyway, today was good. Brady was cute, Elizabeth kept blowing out of her diapers, Abigail was a tornado of fury, and honey is back from Omaha. 

On to tuesday! 


No comments: